logo Sign In

Phineasbg/ HIGHLANDER II: Extended Versions (Released) — Page 4

Author
Time
Done except one thing: the running time of this cut ?

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9131/high23dyy8.jpg
Author
Time
Wow! that looks great ASH

runtime is 100 min

Man!!! You are awesome...........

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
Mitch, give your email address and I will send you a Hi Res Pic of the cover.
Author
Time
I'm a big Highlander fan and would just like to say this project looks amazing. I saw this in the cinema in the UK and at the time , you couldn't rent Highlander on VHS at all. The Buzz around Highlander and Highlander 2 was HUGE!

I'm based in the UK and can do PIFS too for UK

Author
Time
Working on the Extended Cut as I type. It's gonna be over 2hrs and will include the Quickening references.

I can't wait until ASH gets the European Cut..then he will see what work went into it.

peace

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
Mitch,

have you send me the dvd ?

I never received it
Author
Time
any news on this project?
Author
Time
Mitch seems to have disappeared and I have never received the dvd.
Author
Time
OK

Author
Time
can you develop a little... ?
Author
Time
My apology for being gone without updates:

I also have an apology to make to Rikter, Fanfiltration and ASH!

My life has been in a little turmoil with my divorce, however, I have been able to keep on course with the project.

The Restored Early Ruropean Cut was completed two month ago, I still have temp Menus on the DVD. I want to add extras and then send the diss out.

Last month we finally finished the rough version of the Extended Cut and it wasn't what we were looking for.
So we went back to the drawing board, in the meantime we were able to get a hold of better versions of the film. We had to restore each versions and clean and color correct all the videos.
In the rough cut we had cannes footage and deleted scenes included which we also decided to cut. One reason we took out the deleted scenes and the cannes footage was we really had no idea where they really went and it felt fan filmy.

So in this new version:

It will include color correction (no orange or blue tint, like the SE or RV)
Audio will all be the same ( no drops when switching versions)
video enhanced.

After we get done with this verision we are doing the Special Ziest Edition this is the Renegad cut with Ziest effects and dialog.

So again the people I promised movies and disappeared you will get your first.

PS. Superman The TV cut Restored is the next project.

Author
Time
so the superman KCOP project of yours is not vapor ware as some people on that other forum have alleged.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
Hey Mitch

I am a fan of Highlander 2 and am highly interested in recieving or at least viewing these edits you are doing. What are the chances of me securing a copy and how much will it cost?
Lie down. Play dead. BE DEAD!
Author
Time
Your in luck I have just completed the trailer:

Enjoy!!!

Update an notes:

Over a year in the making
The DVD will be completed 2007
The Film is done.
Creating menus and adding extras.
There will be a plug for all of us at OT on the DVD.
You'll be amazed video and sound.
Thanks to everyone for all there help with the project.

HIGHLANDER II: The Quickening - The Extended Zeist Edition Teaser

Author
Time
"Zeist Returns"! About time! That trailer has me more excited than "Superman Returns"!

Have you considered editing Highlander III: The Sorcerer and Highlander: The Final Dimension? I've never seen the Sorcerer (European version) but from what I have read the use of certain music ques and alternate shots and dialogue in this version are preferred by most fans than that which is in TFD, but TFD has some nudity (Deborah Unger I suppose) cut down or out in H3S inorder to achieve a 15 rating. Supposedly there was 1 final shot at the end of the "Prize" quickening not used in H3S, but TFD also rehashed footage from Highlander 1's Prize scene while H3S had all new footage including shots not in TFD. Probably even more differences. Maybe not the most exciting or worthwhile project, but an interesting one.
Lie down. Play dead. BE DEAD!
Author
Time
Thanks for the kind words, there has been very little interest in my projects. But my goal is to change people minds.

Thanks again, hope you liked the trailer.

Bad news: Superman Restoration has been pushed back in favor of a a Dune project, more on that later.

Author
Time
Good to hear that there has been a lot of progress on this project Mitch. Will there be a torrent?

It's a real shame about Superman, that was the project I have been looking forward to the most. DUNE????

Anyway, hopefully you'll get round to it eventually. I also wouldn't mind seeing what you did with Superman IV, you mentioned it a while ago.

I'd say you have plenty of interest in your projects by the way, this thread alone has been viewed nearly 1500 times.
Author
Time

Update:

The project is now complete.

Authoring DVD...

Author
Time

RELEASE INFO

Phineasbg and Nighthawks Fan Videos

Present -

HIGHLANDER II: The Quickening - The Extended Zeist Edition

Description: Sequel to 1986's Highlander, in which Christopher Lambert reprises his role as Connor MacLeod, a member of the alien race known as "Immortals," banished to Earth from his home planet Zeist some 500 years ago. In the year 1999, Lambert owns a corporation that has created a shield to protect the Earth following the depletion of the ozone layer. But the shield is seized by an evil cartel, and Virginia Madsen plays a scientist who assists MacLeod in his mission to destroy the cartel. Sean Connery also reprises his role from Highlander as the Scottish Immortal named Ramirez

Our Cut is about 11 minutes longer than the Renegade release and a full 30 Minutes longer than the original theatrical version.
This edition was made for those, who like us are fans of the dreaded planet Zeist editions of Highlander II.

DVD edition detials:
Running time: 120 Minutes
Aspect Ration: 2:35 and 1:85.1 NTSC 16:9
Spoken languages: English
Subtitles: None

EXTRAS:
Interactive Menus
Chapter Menus

Documentary:
The Original - "TO BE OR NOT TO BE A SEQUEL"
The Music of Highlander - A look at the music of Stewart Copeland (much of his is restored in this version)

Audio Commentary - By the Director and Producers
Text Commentary - By Phineasbg
Trailers:

Original Cannes Footage Trialer
Original French Trailer
Original Theatrical Trailer
TV Spot

Deleted Scenes: All reconstructed for this version

5 Total Encluding the Extended Fairytale ending
With Commentary by Old Biff85

Author
Time
Sweet.

Looking forward to this reaching distribution channels.

where have i been all this time ?
Author
Time
Mitch, this sounds great!
How can I get a copy of this? I'll happily set up a PIF chain in Europe.
Author
Time
This looks very awesome. Will this be torrented?

Same Make. Same Model. New Mission.

Author
Time
This project seems awesome. I recently saw a copy of the Russian DVD of the fifth Highlander (it is said to be unfinished) and it was completely and utterly horrible. This film actually is Oscar worthy compared to it. I am more than interested in this edit because of the fact that it is the longest version of H2 I have ever heard of. This link Here shows 3 versions of the film. I was wondering if the two theatrical versions (The American and British) are available anywhere.

Thanks in advance