logo Sign In

Off Topic Discussion About Adywan's Revisited Projects

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I don't know if this thread is OK with the moderators, but Adywan said he doesn't want to make a ROTJ Revisited Thread or a PT Revisited Thread until he works on them. I know there is a ESB and ROTJ Wishlist Thread, but this question applies more to the PT Revisited. This was originally an email, but Adywan said it is cheaper for him to check messages on here instead of through email:

Adywan, so you plan on doing the PT in 720p so you can alter position of the framing and maybe do some subtle panning and zooming in and out? Did you have anything particular in mind for that? I don't know if the PT has a framing problem, I think some scenes could be improved by having closer viewing of the actors and maybe changing the framing, but I can't think of anything in particular. Do you have anything in mind yet? Your computer will need to handle 1080p video if you do that because you will need to work with the whole picture. You should probably do the framing work first before color correcting and everything else so you can do the rendering in 720p instead of 1080p. Did you consider doing that with ROTJ? I don't think ROTJ has framing problems, do you think it has problems? Maybe you should consider working with ROTJ in 1080p in case you decide to change framing, because once it is in 720, you can't go back and change that unless you start all over.

I know you despise OCPMovie, but did you see his Deleted Magic: Revisited? Was that just a gimmick or did he really add more to it that is worth downloading again?

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

What part didn't you get? I thought I explained myself pretty clear.

Author
Time

Um, did you mean to send a private message to Ady?  This looks like a PM to me.

If you did not, in fact, post a PM to the Off Topic forum by mistake, and you actually meant for this to be a forum post ... why?

Author
Time

Whoops.  Thread broken.  I can't see it.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

Ghostbusters said:

TV's Frink said:

What part didn't you get? I thought I explained myself pretty clear.

See Chainsaw's post.

Author
Time

Why do I get the feeling Frink just said something insulting to me because he knows I can't see it? ^_~

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

I didn't, but I think I will now...

Gaffer Tape is super sticky!

Ugh, that sucked.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ghostbusters said:

I don't know if this thread is OK with the moderators, but Adywan said he doesn't want to make a ROTJ Revisited Thread or a PT Revisited Thread until he works on them. I know there is a ESB and ROTJ Wishlist Thread, but this question applies more to the PT Revisited. This was originally an email, but Adywan said it is cheaper for him to check messages on here instead of through email:

Adywan, so you plan on doing the PT in 720p so you can alter position of the framing and maybe do some subtle panning and zooming in and out? Did you have anything particular in mind for that? I don't know if the PT has a framing problem, I think some scenes could be improved by having closer viewing of the actors and maybe changing the framing, but I can't think of anything in particular. Do you have anything in mind yet? Your computer will need to handle 1080p video if you do that because you will need to work with the whole picture. You should probably do the framing work first before color correcting and everything else so you can do the rendering in 720p instead of 1080p. Did you consider doing that with ROTJ? I don't think ROTJ has framing problems, do you think it has problems? Maybe you should consider working with ROTJ in 1080p in case you decide to change framing, because once it is in 720, you can't go back and change that unless you start all over.

I know you despise OCPMovie, but did you see his Deleted Magic: Revisited? Was that just a gimmick or did he really add more to it that is worth downloading again? 

'Kay when I quoted this post I got a whole bunch of html stuff that seems to break the thread for some people. Even altering my preferences to read the thread I couldn't read below "email:" because it was cut off... Oddness. I only quote now for those unable to read the rest of the OP.

edit I deleted the html in the quote because, if someone were to quote me using the "an advanced editor (WYSIWYG)" in their preferences the thread'll be broken again./edit

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7405/cooly.gif

http://twister111.tumblr.com
Previous Signature preservation link

Author
Time

The only thing confusing about this thread is your guy's reaction to it. It is as clear as day what I said.

Author
Time

What's not clear as day is why you said it...

Every 27th customer will get a ball-peen hammer, free!

Author
Time

What is Ghostbusters going to call his Robocop Gospel?

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

If you did not, in fact, post a PM to the Off Topic forum by mistake, and you actually meant for this to be a forum post ... why?

Since you didn't seem to get it the first time, I'm quoting myself, AND adding this:

This type of topic is not acceptable.  It is the type of thing that PRIVATE MESSAGES are there for.  Please PM Adywan instead of making a wholly unnecessary thread that he probably won't respond to on principle next time.

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

ChainsawAsh said:

Since you didn't seem to get it the first time, I'm quoting myself, AND adding this:

This type of topic is not acceptable.  It is the type of thing that PRIVATE MESSAGES are there for.  Please PM Adywan instead of making a wholly unnecessary thread that he probably won't respond to on principle next time.

What is so "unacceptable" about it? This can be interpreted as a private message to Adywan or a thread. It is both a private message and open discussion. I would like to hear your guy's opinion on the private message I guess you could say. Would you like it better if Adywan made it? I'm changing my avatar to Adywan's so it looks like he made it.

Do you think this should be added to the classic LOL moments in OT history, TV Frink?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Ghostbusters said:

I would like to hear your guy's opinion on the private message I guess you could say.

Well then, evidently the prevailing opinion is that it isn't exactly "thread material."

Every 27th customer will get a ball-peen hammer, free!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I changed my avatar to Adywan's, but IDK if that is against the TOS and I don't want to piss off Adywan so I changed it to something else.

I want to hear your guy's opinion on changing the framing of the PT?

Author
Time

Ghostbusters said:

Do you think this should be added to the classic LOL moments in OT history, TV Frink?

It's certainly headed that way.

Author
Time

Ghostbusters said:

I would like to hear your guy's opinion on the private message I guess you could say. Would you like it better if Adywan made it? I'm changing my avatar to Adywan's so it looks like he made it.

With all due respect, are you on drugs?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV's Frink said:

Ghostbusters said:

I would like to hear your guy's opinion on the private message I guess you could say. Would you like it better if Adywan made it? I'm changing my avatar to Adywan's so it looks like he made it.

With all due respect, are you on drugs?

Enough with the mumbo jumbo, lets get down to business. What do you guys think of ocpmovie's Deleted Magic Revisited? Is the bonus material worth downloading again? I know that this isn't related to Adywan's Revisited projects, but it has the word "Revisited" in it so that's close enough in my books. The question about the alterations of framing in the PT and ROTJ are still pending.

Author
Time

What is wrong with the framing in ROTJ ?  I have loved this film since 1983 and noticed nothing odd about cropped framing, unless you are talking about some special edition crap.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

Ghostbusters said:

What do you guys think of ocpmovie's Deleted Magic Revisited? Is the bonus material worth downloading again? I know that this isn't related to Adywan's Revisited projects, but it has the word "Revisited" in it so that's close enough in my books.

I like how you've hijacked your own thread.