logo Sign In

Natalie Portman in "Your Highness"

Author
Time

Wow, why couldn't George make Padme this lifelike and smoking hot? ;)

And double wow, actual on set creature effects! Not to mention Yoda's weed cultivating third cousin twice removed...

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Because George is a crappy writer. Simples

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

SilverWook: Not to mention Yoda's weed cultivating third cousin twice removed...

You heard what he did to Thaddeus, can't have that in the SW universe...

Those effects were weird, the real person arms but animatronic head, just odd.  I'm amazed by McBride's career.  the humor is so base yet people put a lot of money into his productions.

Author
Time

greenpenguino said:

SilverWook said:

Because George is a crappy writer. Simples

I'll take that as sarcasm.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Whatever gets you through the night.  But I doubt it's sarcasm.  George is a crappy writer.  Even George admits it... or he used to before his head became three sizes too large.  Although in regards to the Natalie Portman question, I'd say it has more to do with his deficiency in directing actors...

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

Gaffer Tape said:

Whatever gets you through the night.  But I doubt it's sarcasm.  George is a crappy writer.  Even George admits it... or he used to before his head became three sizes too large.  Although in regards to the Natalie Portman question, I'd say it has more to do with his deficiency in directing actors...

Uh, if he was a crappy writer, why do you watch Star Wars?

Author
Time

none said:

SilverWook: Not to mention Yoda's weed cultivating third cousin twice removed...

You heard what he did to Thaddeus, can't have that in the SW universe...

Those effects were weird, the real person arms but animatronic head, just odd.  I'm amazed by McBride's career.  the humor is so base yet people put a lot of money into his productions.

You did see the Chappelle's Show skit about that little scandal in the Jedi temple, right? ;)

I imagine the effects were weird on purpose. Sure reminded me of the "stoned" Yoda in Episode One though!

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

WhatsMyName said:

Gaffer Tape said:

Uh, if he was a crappy writer, why do you watch Star Wars?

Uh, because he is a good idea man.  He just can't write a decent script.  The Star Wars movies I like were helped along by other writers, because, as I said, this is a deficiency he used to be big enough to acknolwedge and brought in his friends to help him.  George brought the ideas to the table, but Willlard Huyck, Gloria Katz, and especially Lawrence Kasdan and Irvin Kershner, helped give those ideas proper form.

Actually, I used to express the same incredulity as you.  My best friend in high school, who was also a huge Star Wars fan, used to always bitch about what a terrible writer George Lucas was.  And I would say the same thing:  How can you love Star Wars if you think that George Lucas is a terrible writer?  It's only when I got older and learned more details about how Star Wars was actually made that I figured it out.  Late in college, I tracked him down and admitted to him that he was right all along.

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Gaffer Tape said:

The question placed by SliverWook has nothing to do with writing, nor with George being a good or a bad one.

Author
Time

Um, which is why I said that it was probably due to his deficiencies as a director... Geez, do you even read my posts, or do you just look for the first thing you can bitch at me about?

Author
Time

Gaffer Tape said:

Um, which is why I said that it was probably due to his deficiencies as a director... Geez, do you even read my posts, or do you just look for the first thing you can bitch at me about?

What is wrong with you? When did I ever bitch at you? You were the one to jump to false conclusions with my post, and came out with posts like "whatever gets you through the night" when I wasn't even talking to you. Next time get your facts straight.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Oh, I see.  Forum threads are only one-on-one conversations.  Forgive me for intruding on your private message.  But since we're having this conversation anyway... what false conclusions did I jump to with your post?  You assumed he was being sarcastic.  I disagreed and *gasp* assumed that maybe he actually seriously thought George Lucas was a bad writer, so I said so.  "Whatever gets you through the night" was just a little friendly jab at you.  Hell, as I just said, my post agreed with you that George Lucas's ability or lack of ability to write probably had nothing to do with how Natalie Portman looked, hence my asking if you even bother to read my posts.  So, yeah, I'm pretty sure my facts are straight, but I do appreciate your concern.

In all seriousness, though, I do generally find your attitude in threads to be a bit snide, and while I haven't directly conversed with you often, the few times I have you never really came across as anything other than unpleasant.  So I probably am quicker to assume you're copping an attitude than with other members of this forum, even if that's not the case.  If I did indeed misinterpret the intention of your response earlier, then I do apologize.

Author
Time

TV's Frink wrote: Is this a General Star Wars thread?

Fixed.

Author
Time

Gaffer Tape said:

In all seriousness, though, I do generally find your attitude in threads to be a bit snide, and while I haven't directly conversed with you often, the few times I have you never really came across as anything other than unpleasant.  So I probably am quicker to assume you're copping an attitude than with other members of this forum, even if that's not the case.  If I did indeed misinterpret the intention of your response earlier, then I do apologize.

Gaffer, he currently posts on TFN, so I think thats all you need to know about his attitude towards us. 

Author
Time

CO said:

Gaffer Tape said:

Gaffer, he currently posts on TFN, so I think thats all you need to know about his attitude towards us. 

Did he crashed?

Author
Time

did he crashed? no idea what that means.

Great thread though.

Author
Time

CO said:

Gaffer Tape said:

"his attitude towards us"? Care to explain? And since when the fact that I post on TFN is relevant for the discussion or makes you believe I have a certain attitude (I'm yet to find what that is) over you? By the way, I'm not the only one from here that posts there. Is that a problem?

Author
Time

I find you to be a wise person and easy to agree with.

Author
Time

Now that I can see turning to the dark side over! ;)

The weekend box office results were not a pretty sight. It's a sad day when Easter Bunny jelly bean poop jokes, and a remake of Dudley Moore's best movie, sell way more tickets than Natalie Portman nearly naked by a waterfall.

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Maybe if she made poop jokes, or didn't wear anything, it might help sales...

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

I think they actually covered her up a bit with CGI for the trailers.

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?