logo Sign In

NOW RELEASED: The Godfather: 1901-1980 Epic Edit — Page 6

Author
Time

FanFiltration, I'm just trying to finish up the cover. do you have a runtime for this, and a blurb?

“I love Darth Editous and I’m not ashamed to admit it.” ~ADigitalMan

Author
Time

no need to join demonoid,,,just do a simple google or whatever search.....i found torrents of all 5 dvds of this set and have downloaded them

Author
Time

This is now alive on megaupload :) thanks to yours truly and my friend Spliff 666

Author
Time

Is that the new version?

“I love Darth Editous and I’m not ashamed to admit it.” ~ADigitalMan

Author
Time

boba feta said:

Is that the new version?

Still working on the new version. It will get done, but it's slow moving. I am now trying to upgrade my editing PC's O.S. to Windows 7.

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time

Can't seem to see a link.

Can anyone help?

Author
Time

fanfiltration:

on 21.februar you sayed "enjoy". Does this mean, the final version is ready?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sorry for bumping this but how's the final version doing, FanFiltration?

ultraman said:

This is now alive on megaupload :) 

Also, I found the Megaupload links but only Discs 2 and 5 are still up. Discs 1, 3, and 4 are down. Is it possible if some kind soul could reupload the DVDs of Discs 1, 3, and 4 to Megaupload/rapidshare/Hotfile or possibly seed the old torrent (which also appears to be dead despite the downloading page saying that it has multiple seeds).
EDIT: Though the torrent for Disc 1 gave no data whatsoever, as I am trying downloading Discs 3 and 4, I'm downloading both very slowly (.8 kb/s) even though it says there is 0 availability... Could anyone properly seed these please?

EDIT: EDIT: Unfortunately, I'm stuck at about 95% from Disc 3 and 96% for Disc 4 for the torrents. Can anyone please give a proper seed or perhaps we could work some sort of mail exchange? Anyway, my Disc 1 torrent is getting no data at all. :-(

Author
Time

Is anyone willing to sell a copy of their 5 discs?  I'd be happy to pay for your time.

Author
Time

Unfortunately, the DVDs are not really available more. There are active links for DVD 2 and DVD 5 on tehparadox. For the others, there are some torrents, but they are not really seeded; I was only able to get to 94% on them a few months ago.

You might be interested in this though. It's a fan edit which uses the extended scenes from FanFiltration's set and even adds a couple more. It's in chronological order and quite good quality with the non-deleted scenes being in 16:9 widescreen from the Coppola Restoration. You can get it from fanedit.info.

Author
Time

does that mean that 100% is available and can be downloaded without problems on fanedit.info?

Author
Time

Yes; I downloaded the fan edit I referred to on fanedit.info without hassle just a few weeks ago. As said before, this isn't Fanfiltration's actual set, but it probably has similar uses...

Author
Time

I just saw the commercial for the Godfather Saga on AMC, which will start airing tomorrow. The commercial did indeed say it was completely restored and showed them in HD. If they went through and remastered the whole thing then that CERTAINLY is news. They would have had to remaster the deleted scenes as well and that's never been done. The Blu-ray set only had them edited from the Saga/Trilogy.

It's interesting that the Saga was always just the first two. Now they're showing all three.

I can't imagine they would have gone through this trouble only for AMC. I could see this getting a blu release.

Additionally, TOTALLY different intro to Godfather 3. It's got a newly produced montage of the first 2 films, intercut with outtakes of Michael sitting on the lawn from the end of 2. This proves they went back to the masters with the new footage. REALLY excited for a new release with more restored deleted scenes!!

Author
Time

digitalfreaknyc said:

I just saw the commercial for the Godfather Saga on AMC, which will start airing tomorrow. The commercial did indeed say it was completely restored and showed them in HD. If they went through and remastered the whole thing then that CERTAINLY is news.

I caught a commercial and am watching this now. This alternative version is absolutely fantastic! I love all the deleted scenes and the introductions. Thanks for the info, digitalfreaknyc. I actually just started a thread right here about it.

REALLY excited for a new release with more restored deleted scenes!!

I would definitely love and pay for more deleted scenes. It's really a great alternate cut. If it's restored, it deserves it's own release. If it's not I really, really hope that someone caps it in the full quality HD for a BD or something. It would be a magnificent presentation. Sorry if I'm being demanding, but for anyone with the technology, please, please. It would be impressive... most impressive.

Author
Time

For those interested, I've started capping this and I'm halfway through.
Each piece will be about 9.3 gigs. If you do the math (there are 4 pieces), it will be approximately 37 gigs. Since 50gb discs are much more expensive, I'm going to put this on 2 different single layer discs. I have the John Cazale HBO documentary in HD so I'll use that as an "extra." I also have some other SD stuff that I'm going to throw on as a bonus feature.

if anyone has anything that they would like to contribute, please contact me and I'll be happy to add it. :)

Author
Time

What software do you use to edit out commercials, etc.?

I have the Happauge HDPVR-1212 and use the Macintosh software frontend for capping.

I can also run Windows XP if editing software requires it.

Thanks!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

MichaelLAX said:

What software do you use to edit out commercials, etc.?

I have the Happauge HDPVR-1212 and use the Macintosh software frontend for capping.

I can also run Windows XP if editing software requires it.

Thanks!

Videoredo is currently the only program that won't re-encode with editing, AFAIK. That's all I use.

Btw...i'm breaking this conversation off to another thread:
http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/The-Godfather-Saga-HD-Restoration/topic/14071/

Author
Time

I created this version of the films myself as well.  I used the DVD's as my source and inserted the extra scenes wherever applicable.  The aspect ratio shifts from 1.85:1 to 1.33:1 for those scenes as that's the only way they were presented on the DVD's.  Took 5 DVD's.  I stopped after Part II because Part III plays normally in the 1901-1980 collection, so there was no need to include it.

Author
Time

Hi New Member here.

Is the godfather available in chronological order. If so where and under what name or title.

Better yet any working links?

Thanks

Author
Time

As part of my interest in this topic, some years ago, I purchased on eBay the Laserdisc Boxed Set of The Godfather Trilogy (6 discs plus the bonus 7th disc: The Godfather Family - A Look Inside and booklet).

I never used it and have wanted to put it back on eBay to sell.

I am willing to sell it to any interested person here first who is willing to pay me the same $150 I paid plus about $25, shipping and handling from Los Angeles.

Author
Time

anybody have this or know where i can find this? i have looked everywhere to no avail, any help would be appreciated!