logo Sign In

Idea & Suggestions Wanted: for a... Mysterious Cities Of Gold - The Movie

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I recently relived my childhood and trawled through all 39 episodes of MCOG. Excellent cartoon that has aged well but I couldn’t help feeling like it might benefit from a fan edit and turned into a 120-180 minute movie.

This is made easier by the fact that a significant proportion of each episode is made up of the intro, what happened on the previous episode, the next episode preview, the outro music and the history lessons at the end. Not to mention that a lot of MCOG involved walking and other superfluous stuff that was used to pad everything out.

Each of the 39 episodes ‘meat’ is around 20 minutes long, which is 780 minutes in total (13 hours). This means that I would need to edit each episode from 20 minutes down to around 4-5 minutes, in order to achieve a 3 hour movie. Sounds like a lot but I think it’s definitely achievable.

I’m gonna skim through everything again and create a synopsis for each episode, noting the particular important and unimportant bits. Any thoughts?

Author
Time

I loved that show. Looking forward to any progress.

Author
Time

I would kill to see something like that.

You might not need to include absolutely everything. Look at the most important stuff and work backwards from there. Here's a good example of trimming -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD8tCm3nol8

Without all the bullshit, you can watch a full episode of Family Feud in exactly 3 minutes.