logo Sign In

Help: Looking for... TPM Deleted Scenes in HD

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I know this is an extreme long shot, and I can’t think of why something like this would exist yet, but does anyone know if there are HD quality deleted scenes from TPM available anywhere?

A pal over at FE.org is working on a TPM edit and was wondering about this.  I know there’s a pretty good chance we’ll get this on the eventual Blu-ray disc, but since that’s at least a year and a half off…

Author
Time

Oh wow... I have no clue. If he's doing a HD TPM edit then I can understand his woes.

Why Lucas cut out the probe droid scene is beyond me. It needed to be in the movie to explain why the crap Anakin and Qui-Gon are running. Maybe he'll be smart and actually put that scene back into the movie with the blu-ray release.

Author
Time

post moved from AVCHD thread

No; there are no HD deleted scenes.  As extras on blu-ray discs are often in standard definition, I wouldn't count on HD deleted scenes on the blu-ray release either.

Author
Time

I think they will end up in HD on the Blu-ray.  Whatever you want to say about Lucas, he's been pretty generous with the PT deleted scenes (i.e. they have been made available in good quality previously).