logo Sign In

Post #256746

Author
Spence101287
Parent topic
King Kong: The Spence Edit 2.0 (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/256746/action/topic#256746
Date created
14-Nov-2006, 2:44 PM

Hello all. Today, like some of you, i purcahsed the King Kong Extended Edition. Loving this new material (the extended and new scenes, and the deleted scenes that weren’t incorporated into the film) i’d like to re-edit the film again, sort of a second version of my previous edit. It will keep the same ideas, but the edit will be very different. I will not just be adding new scenes to it, certain parts of the edit i want to completely redo. The Venture voyage will especially get some work, and a couple of the new action scenes will go into the island section.

My thoughts thus far:
-though i still dislike the jimmy/hayes story, there is a little more closure to it now thanks to some deleted scenes. I may incorporate some of them. Though I don’t want to focus on it too much, that storyline is unavoidable.
-I may try to get the crew onto the ship even faster. Though I like the New York stuff, the real meat of the film begins with the Venture.
-Englehorn, Hayes, Choy, and Jimmy all have some really great deleted scenes i’d like to incorporate. It adds to their characters and makes you care for them more.
-The stampede might go. Or at least be shortened. This would be to incorporate the swamp sequence and the triceratops scene.
-I’d like to replace Ann’s awkward meeting with Jack with the deleted scenes, where she overhears him talking down on Vaudeville actors. This also tells you she did Vaudeville, making the New York scenes unimportant.

I have some other ideas too that i need to play with a bit more. I’ll gladly take suggestions, too. If you haven’t picked up the Kong Extended Edition you should. It’s a big improvement over the theatrical cut, though it’s still not perfect.