logo Sign In

Is Leeland Chee fired? (a member of the Lucasfilm Story Group)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I wonder what’s up with him. His workload just got reduced. Is he cleaning toilets, sweeping floors and waitng for more canon to emerge that he can coordinate?

Author
Time

Where did you hear this? 

Forum Moderator
Author
Time

Well this is a great thread.  Congratulations.

Author
Time

But I mean where did you hear about his workload being reduced?

Forum Moderator
Author
Time

Time out, who is Leeland Chee?

Nobody sang The Bunny Song in years…

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Leland Chee (one "E" there, Koryo, just for future reference) is the guy Lucasfilm hired to help make consistent the inconsistent mess that was the EU.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Leland_Chee

Needless to say, he had the perfect job: Getting paid to do something that didn't matter in the slightest and which turned out to be a colossal waste of time, anyway. Hell, you could say he still has the perfect job.

Author
Time

Tobar said:

He's just speculating.

Author
Time

There is as much new canon as there was before the canon explosion? Therefore just as much work? Especially considering they don't intend to use the old EU canon.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Tobar said:

He's just speculating.

Nailed it.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Danfun128 said:

Time out, who is Leeland Chee?

It's this guy I think...

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

Frankly, at the moment I'm worried about certain other Lucasfilm employees a lot more than I fear for Leland Chee.

Who they are I do not yet wish to say. But an earthquake has been set in motion.... a Temblor with far-reaching consequences, whose effects will be like those of a Great Scythe.

Even the Dead will fall in the wake of its wrath!

Actually, the thing I fear most for Leland Chee right now is that, with so little new canon as yet written, he'd be bored out of his skull.

“That Darth Vader, man. Sure does love eating Jedi.”

Author
Time

I'm worried he'll see this thread and think he's been fired.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Yeah, that's worrisome too. But only if he doesn't have the sense to know that in this case forum posts can't rewrite reality. (Otherwise he'd be really in trouble!)

Author
Time

ATMachine said:

Yeah, that's worrisome too. But only if he doesn't have the sense to know that in this case forum posts can't rewrite reality.

Can't they?

I just won the lottery.

:-(

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ATMachine said:

an earthquake has been set in motion.... a Temblor with far-reaching consequences, whose effects will be like those of a Great Scythe.

Didn't the crews of the C-57D and the Enterprise team up to defeat the last of the Temblors back in 2277? 

Author
Time

I wouldn't know--I've never seen that one.

Could you point me to the Source?