logo Sign In

Inuyasha (* unfinished project *)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

First off, I don’t really like anime.  But I have a love/hate relationship with the show Inuyasha.

I feel it has a great overall story and concept.  It is a massive story, that I love and adore.  It’s a story that’s very personal to me (perhaps largely because of memories associated with when I was first exposed to it)  Although the TV series has alot of filler, none of it is even bad, it’s just not really that focused.  But even the main story goes on and on and on, and while I like it in and of itself like that, I thought it would be interesting to condense it down into a much smaller series.  Actually my plan is to make it a series of films, which will contain episodes that flow together to make one story edited together.  But it’s much more than just stringing episodes together.  There is EXTENSIVE (and trust me I mean extensive… a cut every 45 seconds or so usually) editing to the content itself for a variety of reasons.

1)Tried to minimize what I think of as annoying and random outbursts of extremely emotional (and often loud and high pitched dialogue).  Anybody who is familiar with anime will know exactly what I mean.  Well I don’t like it, and I’ve tried to get rid of as much as possible of it here.

2)Removing redundant lines and subplots (seeing as this was once a weekly serial, lots of ideas are repeated and lots of things that were already explained are explained again for new viewers or for viewers who might have forgotten.  Since these episodes are now edited together this will of course be removed).  Also some subplots will be removed simply because they are superfluous when you look at the grand scheme of the story and, while they were interested when watched as a weekly show, they aren’t really needed when you look at it as one big story.

1. Obviously commercial breaks will be edited out and opening/credits will be edited out (except for at the beginning and end… obviously)

Basically, you could say I’m editing the series down so that somebody who doesn’t like anime can watch and enjoy it.  I’m making it for myself most of all, because I don’t like anime yet I am in love with this story, and would like to see a presentation that a normal viewer not into anime can enjoy.    But I plan to share this.

Author
Time

I abandoned this soon after making this post, but I've taken it back up again.  I already have two episodes edited down and pieced together (the first two), and am about to start on editing a third episode (which I think I will jump from episode 2 to 5).  Anybody familiar with the series that wants to provide input on things that can go/things that must stay are greatly appreciated.  Any help on organizing things, which episodes should go together and which episodes aren't needed is welcome too.

So far DrCrow is providing some input to me via PM, but I would love to get a more public take on this project.  (Not that you're private messages are unwelcome or unsatisfactory Crow, quite the contrary)

Author
Time

In case anybody was interested, I’m almost done with the first film. Wasn’t really six months worth of work, but I didn’t work on it very consistently.

Author
Time

I love Inuyasha and I’m very interested in seeing your take.

Author
Time

Very excited to see what comes of this.