logo Sign In

If you need to B*tch about something... this is the place — Page 106

Author
Time

Gaffer Tape said:

Oh, my God.  I think I just spent an hour catching up on posts from this thread from around March-April.  Don't get me wrong.  It was very entertaining and infuriating.  That's the problem, though.  There were so many things I felt very strongly I needed to reply to, but then I remembered that they were several months old, and it would be rather stupid to do so.

EDIT:  Also, it was nice to see Bingowings mention me a few times, even if it was to worry about where I was.  Good to know I wasn't forgotten in my absence.  But I should clarify I didn't disappear because of any perceived criticism about my clothing choices or gender identity, so fear not.  :-)

I think I sent you a pm to try and get you back, but don't mention it.

Author
Time

Hmm?  The last PM I have from you is from well over a year ago.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

I accidentally ripped the cord of my headphones right out of the jack, rendering them -- for all intents and purposes -- broken.

Suffice it to say, I'm pissed.

Author
Time

It's something as stupid and pointless as a debate in a message board, but it pisses me off to no end when someone decides to take one minor thing I said out of context, twist it, and then try to argue with me over it.  Basically, someone took a fact I had presented and then spat it back out to me as a value judgment.  I know that doesn't make any sense, and I really don't want to have to get into the facts of the fandom that no one here knows or cares about, so it's basically the equivalent of me saying,

"Actually, you're wrong.  That painting is not blue."

Only for the other guy to show up and go, "Well, what do you have against blue?"

"Um... nothing.  I was just stating the fact that this particular painting isn't blue."

"Yeah, but things are perfectly justified in being blue.  And blue is a great color."

"Good for it.  I'm not arguing against that."

"So then why do you hate blue so much?"

"I NEVER SAID THAT!  I NEVER MADE THAT ARGUMENT.  WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I SAID THAT?  WOULD YOU LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE, YOU STUPID C*NT NUGGET?!"

"Okay, but you're not really being clear here.  Nobody understands what you're saying."

Aaaaaaah!  I feel like some asshole trapped me in a Chewbacca Defense!  And that infuriates me!

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

14 Razors. 

14 consecutive times, I've shaved in the shower then arced the used razor over the shower door, off the wall, and into the little trashcan. 

Today the Streak ended. 

Author
Time

Gaffer Tape said:

EDIT:  Also, it was nice to see Bingowings mention me a few times, even if it was to worry about where I was.  Good to know I wasn't forgotten in my absence.  But I should clarify I didn't disappear because of any perceived criticism about my clothing choices or gender identity, so fear not.  :-)

I noticed, but the last time a pretty girl vanished on me and I kept trying to find her or contact her, I got a restraining order. 

Author
Time

TheBoost said:

14 Razors. 

14 consecutive times, I've shaved in the shower then arced the used razor over the shower door, off the wall, and into the little trashcan. 

Today the Streak ended. 

You only use a razor once? You must be rich! Or have a beard made of steel wool...

How do people use these ear plug style headphones? The sound quality is better than my ear buds, but every tiny movement I make is amplified through the cord like a freaking stethoscope. Speaking of which, I can also hear my heartbeat. Great for listening at high volume while remaining perfectly still :P

Author
Time

doubleKO said:

How do people use these ear plug style headphones? 

They put them in their ears I believe.

*rimshot*

Author
Time

doubleKO said:

TheBoost said:

14 Razors. 

Today the Streak ended. 

You only use a razor once? You must be rich! Or have a beard made of steel wool...

I buy REALLY cheap razors. If I'm lucky I get two shaves. 

Author
Time

You can more than two shaves out of razors, even if they are cheap razors.  I am able to use a cheap razor for over a week's worth of shaves.   

Author
Time

But do you shave more than once or twice a week?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I shave about 6 times a week(sometimes only 4 or 5 times a week).  

Author
Time

I couldn't possibly regularly shave with my skin.

I trim my beard twice a month and shave my neck once a week and that is hellish.

Author
Time

I don't think I could ever shave with my skin. What do you do, peel and rub it really hard on your neck? How much skin does it usually take?

Author
Time

I rinse my face in warm water, apply shaving cream, shave with the grain, rince face in warm water again, reapply shaving cream, shave across the grain, rince face in warm water again, reapply shaving cream, shave against the grain,  finally rince in cold water, dry face, apply aftershave.  

I do not rub or press hard with the blade, that is how you get cut and get razor burn.  I try to glide the blade over the skin using as little pressure as possible and let the blade do the work.  If you try shaving against the grain, do so very carefully, that is where you stand the best chance of getting cut.

Author
Time

electric shavers never gave me a close enough shave.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

I rinse my face in warm water, apply shaving cream, shave with the grain, rince face in warm water again, reapply shaving cream, shave across the grain, rince face in warm water again, reapply shaving cream, shave against the grain,  finally rince in cold water, dry face, apply aftershave.  

I do not rub or press hard with the blade, that is how you get cut and get razor burn.  I try to glide the blade over the skin using as little pressure as possible and let the blade do the work.  If you try shaving against the grain, do so very carefully, that is where you stand the best chance of getting cut.

LOL, It took me a while to figure out why Warbler made this post. I forgot that he was "ignoring" Bingowings, and didn't see the post I was replying to.

Author
Time

I shave almost everyday in the shower against the grain with no shaving cream and a cheap razor. I have yet to meet anyone who does the same.

Wait, am I supposed to be bitching about something? 

Um, razors, bitch, um, yeah.

Author
Time

There are too many Anglophones at my school. And all of the ones I've come across so far are morons (or at the least, very annoying). There are a lot who speak English as a second language (and French as a third) in my françisation ("Frenchification") class, which occupies most of my school time this semester, so I hope I'll be able to make some friends who don't speak English. Otherwise I won't learn enough French to make me happy. :(

Author
Time

Just over a week ago I got out of a stay from a mental hospital for a suicide attempt that was brought on by depression because I can't function in the real world or hold down a job without meds.  The doctor's there and my own shrink proscribed some meds that really helped and for the first time in a long time I had some hope in my life.  Well now that has been yanked away.

Medicaid rejected all of my prescriptions for my problems including depression and they will not even let the pharmacy fill them,and my family can't afford them any other way. 

So i am back sitting at home,unable to keep a single thought straight,a 29 year old burden to my family,and without any hope.  Just getting more and more dapressed as I am able to do less and less with my life because I was born with a stupid brain that doesn't work right.  Half the time when I try to read I can't tell what the words are saying and it takes forever to type anything out and I keep flipping out on people when I don't want to.  I am really afraid that I am going to end up on the street or in a metal hospital for the rest of my life because my dad only keeps me around because of my mom,he really thinks I should just pull things together and I keep trying but it's not working and I am costing my family money that they don't have.

I really wish I had been aborted,everyone would be much better off if I had never been born.

I just can't take being useless lump any more.

Author
Time

DrCrowTStarwars said:

Just over a week ago I got out of a stay from a mental hospital for a suicide attempt that was brought on by depression because I can't function in the real world or hold down a job without meds.  The doctor's there and my own shrink proscribed some meds that really helped and for the first time in a long time I had some hope in my life.  Well now that has been yanked away.

Medicaid rejected all of my prescriptions for my problems including depression and they will not even let the pharmacy fill them,and my family can't afford them any other way. 

So i am back sitting at home,unable to keep a single thought straight,a 29 year old burden to my family,and without any hope.  Just getting more and more dapressed as I am able to do less and less with my life because I was born with a stupid brain that doesn't work right.  Half the time when I try to read I can't tell what the words are saying and it takes forever to type anything out and I keep flipping out on people when I don't want to.  I am really afraid that I am going to end up on the street or in a metal hospital for the rest of my life because my dad only keeps me around because of my mom,he really thinks I should just pull things together and I keep trying but it's not working and I am costing my family money that they don't have.

I really wish I had been aborted,everyone would be much better off if I had never been born.

I just can't take being useless lump any more.

you need to stop thinking that it would be better if you were never born, that is simply not true.  

Contact medicaid and find out why your prescriptions were rejected.   Contact your doctor's office and tell them that medicaid rejected your prescriptions.   Perhaps your doctor can prescribe other medications that would help you and that medicaid would approve.   Perhaps have your doctor talk to medicaid.  Several weeks ago, I was prescribed an echocardiogram, due to being diagnosed with high blood pressure.  My insurance initially turned it down.  But my doctor talked with my insurance and then they approved it. 

As for the other problems you mention above.  Please, please, please, contact your doctor and your shrink and tell them what you are thinking and feelings,  they can help.  Talk to your family about them.  Talk to someone.   If you believe in God, pray.  Please remember that suicide is no answer to your problems.   Think about how your family would feel if you did that.   I understand what it is to be depressed.   But suicide is not the answer. 

I will be praying for you.  

Author
Time

I don't want to go back to the hospital so I don't want to try suicide again.  I talked to my doctor and he talked to medicaid but they will not budge.  he was already prescribing the generic cheap brands of the meds so all that is left for me to try are herds and diet but those don't work too well for people who are as messed up as I am.

Thanks for your prayers,I will keep pressing on but right now it feels pretty bad.