logo Sign In

I love you, man...*hic*...The Silly Thread

Author
Time

ABC!!!!!!  *hic*

So on a serious note, things seem to be a little less silly around here lately.  Or is it just my imagination?

Author
Time

*hic* ? Sorry I don't know what that means.

So on a serious note, things seem to be a little less silly around here lately.  Or is it just my imagination?

Are you refering to the discussions with my son ? (I mean your brother).

ESB AUDIOPHILE EDITION

The EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Score: "All-Sourced" Restoration & Sonic Achievement.

Author
Time

Ever tasted the silly con carne ?

ESB AUDIOPHILE EDITION

Author
Time

ABC said:

*hic* ? Sorry I don't know what that means.

It was meant to imply a hiccup, which was meant to imply that I was drunk, hence the title of the thread.  I think I'll change the title.

ABC said:

Are you refering to the discussions with my son ? (I mean your brother).

Actually I was thinking of a few other sometimes silly posters, such as C3PX and xhonzi, who seem to be a little less silly lately.

satanika said:

Less silly than what? Or your imagination is less silly? You're such a silly, silly!

ABC said:

Ever tasted the silly con carne ?

That's what I'm talkin' about.  Let's keep the silly coming!

Author
Time

Erm.. hotdogs!

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

Now we're cooking!

How long until the lolcats or the hot.like.fire donkey show up?

Author
Time

Worst.  Thread.  Ever.

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

Not to wax serious on you, Frink... but here are my thoughts on being silly in a thread dedicated to being silly- Where's The Fun (WTF?) in that?

I was the humour columnist on my high school newspaper.  My literature, history, and science teachers (and maybe others) suggested I take creative writing to "get it out of my system."  To what "it" were they referring?  To being silly in my write ups.  I wrote one of my science papers in Huckleberry Finnish, and my history papers read like Dave Barry columns.  So not only did I take the advice and enroll in Creative Writing, but I submitted to be the humour columnist on the school paper.  I didn't even write a piece for the tryouts, I just submitted some of my funny serious papers.  I got the job and thought it would be easy.  Just write, and be inappropriately funny.

Well, the problem was that it was really hard to be inappropriately funny in a funny column.  People read it for funny, so they're looking for high parts-per-million and you have to knock their socks off.

In the end, I think I covered politics and the jokes just tell themselves.  :)

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

xhonzi said:

Not to wax serious on you, Frink... but here are my thoughts on being silly in a thread dedicated to being silly- Where's The Fun (WTF?) in that?

Well...beats me.  I'm having fun. 

I think I'm just sad I missed out on some of the past highlights/lowlights in the off topic forum.

Regardless...

Penis!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV's Frink said:

Regardless...

Penis!

You know what ?...

v15z82droopyyoupee.jpg

... You're funny.

ESB AUDIOPHILE EDITION

Author
Time

Droopy would never use an exclamation point!

Author
Time

This thread is entirely too silly! Now, I enjoy a good laugh as much as the next person...except perhaps my wife of course. And Captain Willingham, he also enjoys a good joke now and again. Come to think of it, everyone I know enjoys a good laugh more than I, so let's have no more of this silliness! That's quite enough, you see!

Want to book yourself or a guest on THE VFP Show? PM me!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Well that's just plain silly.

Incidentally, when you think about it, "silly" is a pretty silly sounding word.  What if we said "biscuit" instead of "silly?" I'm guessing there would be less silliness to go around.

Actually, "biscuit" sounds pretty silly too.  Maybe "penis" is a better example.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Actually, "biscuit" sounds pretty silly too.  Maybe "penis" is a better example.

v15z82droopyyoupee.jpg

He did it again.

ESB AUDIOPHILE EDITION

Author
Time

AIN'T GOT NO HOME
(Guthrie)
Clarence "Frogman" Henry - 1956

Ain't got no home
A-no place to roam
Ain't got no home
A-no place to roam
I'm a lonely boy
I ain't got a home

I got a voice
I love to sing
I sing like a girl
And I sing like a frog
I'm a lonely boy
I ain't got a home

I ain't got a man
I ain't got a son
I ain't got a daughter
I ain't got no one
I'm a lonely girl
I ain't got a home

I ain't got a mother
I ain't got a father
I ain't got a sister
Not even a brother
I'm a lonely frog
I ain't got a home

Oh, what you say to me
Please say to me
Oh, what you say to me
Please say to me
I'm a lonely frog
I ain't got a home

Want to book yourself or a guest on THE VFP Show? PM me!