logo Sign In

Info & Offer: I have Star Wars SEs on Digi Betacam tape, you want my dvd tranfers?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hello.
I’ve always enjoyed seeing the odd one or two fan versions, best one was ‘deleted magic’.
Anyway…

I had Star Wars IV and V Special Edition on a set of Digi Beta tapes, if you don’t know what that is don’t bother to carry on reading.
While these were at our desk (don’t ask, it was before Epps was even out) we made our self some dvd’s, episode 4 and 5 are both on two dvd-r’s each, variable bitrate two pass encode for best picture quality. We never got round to do VI which was a shame because at the time the original trilogy was never gonna be released (ZZzz Zzzz).
The tapes were the ***** ************ copies (Shhhh!) so bloody good picture, I was very annoyed when these ended up online as divx but there you go, shit happens.

Anyway, does anyone want me to share these dvd’s? Shall I upload them to alt.binaries.starwars??? They are the best picture of the SE version you will ever see.

Don’t PM me or email me, I wont be checking it again, just reply to this thread, if its gets deleted for rule breaking, sorry, but your whole forum is technically illegal anyway.

:: No rules broken - but to be on the safe side I edited out where you got these from.

• M
Author
Time
Sure, why not.

The more material to make a better version than LFL, the better.

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: Sadly, I believe the prequels are beyond repair.
<span class=“Bold”>JediRandy: They’re certainly beyond any repair you’re capable of making.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>MeBeJedi: You aren’t one of us.
<span class=“Bold”>Go-Mer-Tonic: I can’t say I find that very disappointing.</span></span>

<span class=“Italics”>JediRandy: I won’t suck as much as a fan edit.</span>

Author
Time
I'd love to see them.

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Sometimes, people still want to get in touch with me about something, and that is great! If that describes you, please email me at [my username]ATgmailDOTcom.

Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
I'd like to see them. Either myspleen or a.b.sw.
Author
Time
Are these versions in the original aspect ratio, or have they been reformatted to 16:9?

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time
Originally posted by: djdd
Shall I upload them to alt.binaries.starwars???
Yes, please do.

And I hope you don't have any trouble finding this thread (since the moderator moved it from the "Other" forum), and don't go away thinking it got deleted for rule breaking.

However, in practice you must take into account the “fuckwit factor”. Just talk to Darth Mallwalker…
-Moth3r

Author
Time
When a thread is moved, the forum can send an email notification to the original poster (or everybody who has posted in the thread, but I tend not to use that option).

Then again, if he never checks his email...

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time
I've prepared EpIV, will begin uploading to alt.binaries.... soon

Aspect Ratio is 2:35.1 widescreen

Keep those eyes peeled.
Author
Time
i have 38 hours to go before the upload is comlete. ZZzz ZZzz ZZzz
Author
Time
The classic "rename a rar file as a vob file and it plays in PowerDVD" trick works on these files.

I have played quite a few and the quality is fabulous.

How it compares to the GKar, TB and Reivax releases I cannot say until I get the finished DVD into my DVD player and do some side by side comparisons.

It is such a shame that there are only the first two films in the trilogy in this set.

4 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2

Discuss…

Author
Time
the picture quality is excellent.....

Thank you for such an extraordinary share.....

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time
Might these be uploaded to Myspleen or some other Bittorrent site for those of us without newsgroup access?
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Number20
Might these be uploaded to Myspleen or some other Bittorrent site for those of us without newsgroup access?

I was hoping for that, too. The first few files posted fine but then my news service dropped almost all the others.
Author
Time
Could we have some screenshots from those who've got the download?

DE
Author
Time
Newsgroup upload is complete, just the last few Par2 files to go.

Oh, and my EmpireSBack disc 2 dvd is corrupt, cant rip it. Oh well. Looks like you got IV only.

Enjoy.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Darth Editous
Could we have some screenshots from those who've got the download?

DE

I can keep these up for a week or two........

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/russdawson/gtf/dvd/images/flunk1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/russdawson/gtf/dvd/images/flunk2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/russdawson/gtf/dvd/images/flunk3.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/russdawson/gtf/dvd/images/flunk4.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/russdawson/gtf/dvd/images/flunk5.jpg

4 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2

Discuss…

Author
Time

Oh, and my EmpireSBack disc 2 dvd is corrupt, cant rip it. Oh well. Looks like you got IV only.

Enjoy.

Thank you for your time and effort uploading ANH, but excuse me while I kill myself.....no ESB......I'm depressed.

Ah well, I want to thank you again for your time in uploading what you had.....it is very nice.

I love everybody. Lets all smoke some reefer and chill. Hug and kisses for everybody.

Author
Time

Enjoy.

Did you try anything like isobuster?
Author
Time
I have had similar corrupt disc problems and have always got around the problem by reading the disc on one of my other PC's DVD drives.

Some drives just do not like certain discs.

4 - 5 - 3 - 1 - 6 - 2

Discuss…

Author
Time
Before giving up on ESB, try cleaning the disc and as posted above, try reading it from another drive.
Author
Time
Thanks for the upload djdd, I look forward to grabbing this.

Like russs15, I've also got around disc corruption problems in the past by trying different drives. The other trick I've found is DVD Decrypter can be very good at dealing with hard to read discs - there are several different I/O settings for reading a disc, and some of these are more robust when attempting to read problem discs. It may take a lot of retry attempts, but its helped me recover precious seemingly corrupt discs a few times.

Just a thought.