logo Sign In

Post #517490

Author
canofhumdingers
Parent topic
Humdinger Analysis Thread : Glitch, Cryptography or Steganography?
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/517490/action/topic#517490
Date created
27-Jul-2011, 3:55 PM

Wow, I'm so proud I've finally created so much controversy on this board! And, I for one, don't think it's a stupid name. ;)

I will say, that I first noticed it with my naked eye while watching Harmy's Star Wars despecialized at normal speed. I only went back frame by frame to see exactly what it was that made me go, "what the heck was that flash of color on the death star?!" I think the fact that the source used for Harmy's edit has one of the most obvious versions of the glitch (with all the colors) helped me spot it, but I don't know how anyone could NOT see it... It's really obvious. It only lasts for one frame, and certainly isn't going to keep me from enjoying the movie, but a bright rainbow streak flashing across a bleakly gray Death Star stands out pretty clearly...

But then again, I've always been really anal about picture quality and any flaws in a home video presentation jump out at me pretty quickly. (people around me still don't get it if I complain about all the compression artifacts when watching a normal dvd, and my wife didn't know what I meant when I mentioned seeing the real change markers as we left the movie theater recently. She said she's never noticed them in any movie).