logo Sign In

Here's an interesting little gem... Lucas' End-of-the-world Theory

Author
Time

There sure is a lot of drinking at the Golden Globes...

Author
Time

Tyrphanax said:

Explains a lot?

Yup....he's lost it. ;-)

Author
Time

Well, that explains why he changed from "The SE are my true vision and the originals are incomplete films" to the "we're focusing on the SE now before we do the classic versions" we got recently. Motherf*cker knows we won't be here anymore.

Seriously though I think Lucas is now the target for a lot of bullshit. Sure the prequels are awful and what he's done to the OT is shameful, but lately it seems everyone comes up with a crazy story about him.

Author
Time

Ha, Rogen. I heard that new pineapple express weed can make you paranoid. I wonder if Lucas and Spielberg started to appear as a hot dog and hamburger to him, like that one bugs bunny cartoon.

Author
Time

Green Hornet is garbage but a nice film for those who love pulp, but it is really a movie making fun of the source material.

Nobody can be Bruce Lee's replacement.

While they are at it might as well remake enter the dragon and ruin it.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

People are so fucking paranoid these days. You can't turn on the damn tv any more without some guy who looks like Charlie Manson with glazed eyes talking about 2012. That shit is even on the History Channel all the time too, when they could be playing Pawn Stars. 

"The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you’ll be able to project it on a 20’ by 40’ screen with perfect quality. I think it’s the director’s prerogative, not the studio’s to go back and reinvent a movie." - George Lucas

<span> </span>

Author
Time

So if he and Steven are the only humans left, would they try to recreate and save the...

OH GOD!

Author
Time

Like the explanation after every film in which GL says i'm going to go do some experimental films, this is an easy way to push part of the public away from you.

Author
Time

EyeShotFirst said:

People are so fucking paranoid these days. You can't turn on the damn tv any more without some guy who looks like Charlie Manson with glazed eyes talking about 2012. That shit is even on the History Channel all the time too, when they could be playing Pawn Stars. 

So are shows about JFK conspiracies, Hitler Occultism, Nostradamus, The Bible Code, etc.

History Channel sucks.

Author
Time

They are just taking their cues from the national enquirer, sensationalism sells.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

Quackula said:

EyeShotFirst said:

So are shows about JFK conspiracies, Hitler Occultism, Nostradamus, The Bible Code, etc.

History Channel sucks.

I fucking loved the History Channel back in the day, but now that is all that is on. Discovery Channel was also friggin awesome too. Seems like if Dirty Jobs isn't on your pretty much screwed.

"The other versions will disappear. Even the 35 million tapes of Star Wars out there won’t last more than 30 or 40 years. A hundred years from now, the only version of the movie that anyone will remember will be the DVD version [of the Special Edition], and you’ll be able to project it on a 20’ by 40’ screen with perfect quality. I think it’s the director’s prerogative, not the studio’s to go back and reinvent a movie." - George Lucas

<span> </span>

Author
Time

skyjedi2005 said:

Green Hornet is garbage but a nice film for those who love pulp, but it is really a movie making fun of the source material.

Nobody can be Bruce Lee's replacement.

While they are at it might as well remake enter the dragon and ruin it.

Thanks for sharing!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

skyjedi2005 said:

To further the thread derailage, I was looking forward to Green Hornet being made into a film.  That is, until I saw it was - yet another - Seth Rogen fratboy vehicle.  Too bad, man.  A huge missed opportunity.

Regarding Lucas' take on the end of all we know;  More bullshit.  If he really believed it, why would he bother with his state of home video 100 years from now statements?  Dude just opens his mouth and blathers whatever loosely fits the interview.

Forum Moderator
Author
Time
 (Edited)

Lucas is nuts if he really believes this. The world ending on 2012? Come on!

The world really ended at the turn of the century - January 1, 2000, the new millenium. A fluctuation in the spacetime continuum caused a miniature black hole to blossom in the center of the Earth, obliterating the planet and exterminating all terrestrial life. We all are really spirits stuck in Purgatory - or one of the outer circles of Hell - until we overcome ourselves and achieve Nirvana.  

Author
Time

If he really believed it, why bother working on the 3D versions?

Author
Time

That's the genius of it, TPM is coming in 2012, so Lucas plan is that the last thing people will remember from Star Wars is Jar Jar stepping into poop in glorious 3D.

Author
Time

I'm still waiting for Generalfrevious to chime in saying that the world actually ended in 2004 when the OT Special Edition DVDs were released thus ensuring that the OUT would never be released, and destroying all hope of happiness, forever.

Every 27th customer will get a ball-peen hammer, free!

Author
Time

DuracellEnergizer said:

A fluctuation in the spacetime continuum caused a miniature black hole to blossom in the center of the Earth, obliterating the planet and exterminating all terrestrial life.

Welcome back, Spock.

Forum Moderator
Author
Time

Akwat Kbrana said:

I'm still waiting for Generalfrevious to chime in saying that the world actually ended in 2004 when the OT Special Edition DVDs were released thus ensuring that the OUT would never be released, and destroying all hope of happiness, forever.

/thread

Author
Time

Of course he can.  And don't call me Shirley.  You're Shirley.  You should know this by now.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

Anchorhead said:

To further the thread derailage, I was looking forward to Green Hornet being made into a film.  That is, until I saw it was - yet another - Seth Rogen fratboy vehicle.  Too bad, man.  A huge missed opportunity.

Have you actually gone out and seen the film yet? It's actually pretty good.

Forum Moderator
Author
Time

Miss MacLaine says :

I want to believe but sometimes my arms bend backwards.

Author
Time

I don't believe this story. Lucas may have no sense of narrative or story in making films, but he is not that crazy.

The Tucson shooter did believe in 2012 though, and was a 911 truther, a fan of the communist manifesto and mein kampf.