logo Sign In

Info: Harry Potter TV Edits?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

There are some rumors that the extended TV edits of the first two Harry Potter films that aired on ABC contained material that was not included as deleted scenes on the DVDs. Can anyone who has seen these confirm whether this is true or not?

I saw the extended version of the first film when it aired but I didn’t see any new scenes. Anything for the second or are these just the movies with the deleted scenes from the DVD inserted in?

Author
Time
I have them...
they are cool.
Haryy Potter two has all the deleted scenes plus and alterate ending.....

Remember, Highlander, you’ve both still got your full measure of life. Use it well, and your future will be glorious.

Author
Time
did'nt a digital man use the cut footage from the t.v. broadcasts to make his extended editions? You should get his projects then if so, there is no need to ask for a project that has already been done.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
I'm not actually asking for this. I just want to know if it contains any additional material not included as extras and if so, what was added.

So what's the alternate ending to Chamber of Secrets?
Author
Time
While not exactly the TV Edits, they are edits restoring most if not all of the deleted scenes from the supplements sections back into the film.

here
I am fluent in over six million forms of procrastination.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: ADigitalMan
While not exactly the TV Edits, they are edits restoring most if not all of the deleted scenes from the supplements sections back into the film.

here

Is there any way I can get dual layer copies of the Harry Potter movies from you? I'd email you, but I don't see your profile link anywhere.
Author
Time
I will have the ABC TV versions DONE in just about a week or so, they are DL discs but I may make single layer versions also...

(I just need the soundtrack to complete the menus!!)

“My skill are no longer as Mad as the once were” RiK

Author
Time
I will have the ABC TV versions DONE in just about a week or so, they are DL discs but I may make single layer versions also...

Rikter: Details please. Is this a pdtv capture or another edit project from the DVD? What are the specs on the audio and video? Is it HP1 & 2? I didn't even know you had this coming.

The only version on the net I've seen of the ABC edit is pretty crappy.

SiftyEyes: I have the ABC edits on VHS. They DO have more material, but it is largely transitional elements and audio cues to allow the added material to flow naturally. So you will see quick scenes/clips not in the DVD extras, but don't expect new plot threads.

Dr. M

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Doctor MRikter: Details please. Is this a pdtv capture or another edit project from the DVD? What are the specs on the audio and video? Is it HP1 & 2? I didn't even know you had this coming.

Nothing fancy at all other then being the ABC TV edit - it's just a straight recording of the ABC family rebroadcast from my PVR510 and Lite-on (NTSC/720x480/MPEG 2.0) with chapter selection and Philosopher's Stone trailers.

Author
Time
Sounds good to me. Then I can retire my really grainy VHS.
Hate to ask twice but do you have HP1 and HP2 or just the first?

Dr. M

Author
Time
I've got both Harry Potter TV versions! I do hope that HP3 comes out soon

P.S. - I scored the soundtrack today! So I'll get the menus done at some point today then I'll just need to name the chapters

Author
Time
I'll say it again: sweet.

Edit:
ABC Family to Present Cable Premieres of Hit Feature Films in Deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution
March 20, 2006

ABC Family has acquired a slate of movies that will make their cable premieres on the network in a deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution (WBDCD)... The deal also includes the basic cable premiere of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in 2006 and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2008, both for exclusive five year windows. The ABC Television Network will have the broadcast television premiere of the Harry Potter movies.

http://www.timewarner.com/corp/newsroom/pr/0,20812,1174797,00.html

Dr. M

Author
Time
I'll say it once and I'll only say it this time.

Non-Harry Potter fans such as myself have absolutely no interest in this. Seems like an interesting project/ideas from what I've skimmed through.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: DarkGryphon2048

Non-Harry Potter fans such as myself have absolutely no interest in this.
Why would they?

Author
Time
ALMOST DONE!

I wanna get a few things to work right and I also got side track on a super secret HP project

I'll update more in a few days

Author
Time
Cool. I'll be watching from my little window to the internet until then.
He big in nothing important in good elephant.

"Miss you, I will, Original Trilogy..."

"Your midichlorians are weak, Old man." -Darth Vader 2007 super deluxe extra special dipped in chocolate sauce edition.

http://prequelsstink.ytmnd.com/
Author
Time
Sorry for the delay - I've been real busy with a secret HARRY POTTER project and I THINK it's done but I need to check it out tonight then I'll post all the details but if your a HP fan then you'll really dig this!!!!

I should be able to wrap up the TV version in just a few days

Author
Time
Does anyone happen to have the CENTROPY VCD/SVCD Telesync release of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone oe ANY of the films telesyncs?

Author
Time
Now that's an interesting request...
What ARE you doing? :-)

Dr. M

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Doctor M
Now that's an interesting request...
What ARE you doing? :-)

I'd like to add them to my HP collection (I geek out on it as much as SW!) and I've also found that MAYBE a few lines here and there were cut from the DVD releases (not yet confirmed by me), I'm also trying to get back the DVD's for 2,3 and 4 (I sold 2 & 3 along with about 50 other DVD's a few months back - I miss my B5 the most though )

Author
Time
So we should expect you to add back missing lines and change all instances of Socerer to Philosopher in your DVD release?

Dr. M

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Doctor M
So we should expect you to add back missing lines and change all instances of Socerer to Philosopher in your DVD release?

IF I can find the centropy release that is part of the plan

Author
Time
So is the TV Edit separate, or are you doing a sort of "Ultimate Edition" using the TV edit as a base?

Either way, I can't wait!
Author
Time
Very nice. A search with Torrent Harvester turned up nothing. TH searches 80+ bittorrent sites.
My guess is your only way to get the Centropy discs is from someone being nice and sharing. I wish I could help.

Dr. M