logo Sign In

Post #518786

Author
Puggo - Jar Jar's Yoda
Parent topic
Harmy's THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Despecialized Edition HD - V2.0 - MKV & AVCHD (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/518786/action/topic#518786
Date created
2-Aug-2011, 3:14 PM

Dr Kain said:

1.  How are these BD quality if they are downloads?  I have never seen anything download no matter where they are ripped from even come close to being as good as an actual disc.

You might be confusing "downloading" with "streaming".  If you download HD content and burn it to disk, it is certainly as good as an actual disk (heck, it then IS an actual disk).

3.  I download that img thing, but after reading about it, this all seems way too complicated to put together.  I mean, having to somehow splice the files into one large file without it actually showing and trying to copy them to a BD disc just seems way too complex. 

Nobody said it was easy.  There's a bit of a learning curve to downloading files of this size.  If you think this is hard, consider how much work some of the members here put into the restorations.  Some of them literally took years, for no compensation (most of us spent a lot of our own money making our restorations and making them available).  Ask nicely and people will help... just remember we aren't BestBuy - you're going to have to dig around take a bit of time to get yourself up to speed. But it's worth it - there are versions here that are much better than you can buy in the store.

4.  Has anyone made disc art and cover art for these?  If so, where and what type of paper do you recommend using.  In fact, is an Epson Artisan 710 even going to be worth printing BD covers from?  I have never seen any printer be able to even touch the quality of an official releases cover art?

I have found most of the cover art found on the forums here to be better than official releases, and I just get photo paper and print them at Kinko's.