logo Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 - MKV (Released) — Page 519

Author
Time

Feallan said:

Myspleen links dead? What?

It's a mistake.   I'm betting darbyjack doesn't know the difference between Myspleen and the JDownloader file service links.  The file service links go down frequently.  There are no "Myspleen links" as such.

Author
Time

He didn't realize Myspleen is an invite-only tracker, that's all.

Author
Time

Erik Pancakes said:

The Myspleen links most certainly aren't dead.

PM sent.

In fact, just today someone posted a version with all the non-english audio tracks removed, bringing the size down to ~13gb.

Author
Time

This looks so amazing, and I cant wait for a chance to see it. Major props to you man! Quick question, is the 2.5 version out right now just for A New Hope or for all 3?

Author
Time

RequisiteShark said:

This looks so amazing, and I cant wait for a chance to see it. Major props to you man! Quick question, is the 2.5 version out right now just for A New Hope or for all 3?

V2.5 is out just for Star Wars. Empire is out at V2.0, and ROTJ is out at V1.0, but a V2.0 release is planned.

Author
Time

Nice! Sad that they arent out now, but at least it gives me something to look forward too. Thank you for the quick response!

Author
Time

RequisiteShark said:

Nice! Sad that they arent out now, but at least it gives me something to look forward too. Thank you for the quick response!

Well, Empire is at least up to the quality of Star Wars, so you don't have to wait for that one. Anyway, glad to help. Feel free to check the other threads to keep yourself updated.

Author
Time

Yeah, Empire didn't need a 2.5 - Star Wars was upgraded from 2.0 because 35mm material became available after 2.0 had been completed, but Harmy already had access to 35mm stuff for Empire for its 2.0 (and now does with Jedi for its 2.0).

Author
Time

So I can expect the versions of Star Wars and Empire out already to be the final ones?

Author
Time

Not necessarily.  I think that the goal has always been a 1080p blu ray compatible transfer.  If he can get all the scenes to that standard, then he will.

Author
Time

At this point it would just seem simpler to break into the Lucasfilm compound and steal the master copies.

Author
Time

The debate about whether or not those even exist is what got this whole thing started. 

Author
Time

I'd pay good money to see Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lucasfilm Archives

Author
Time

Is the DVD5 really just a downscaled version of the 720p? I ask because I noticed the coloring is different. The coloring looks similar to the 2006 official DVD release.

Author
Time

It's just a downscale of the 720p...not sure why the color would look different to you...you downloaded the one via the v2.5 link I PM'd you, right? Not an earlier version?

Author
Time

Yeah I downloaded the one from the link you sent me. I compared the 720p to the DVD5 one and sometimes the actors' skin look a little more pinkish or yellowish than in the 720p one. For instance, the shot of Luke's face at the 34:15 mark looks a bit more purple in the DVD5.

Also, compare the clothes of the guy walking by at the 42:32 mark. Way more yellow in the DVD5 than the 720p. Actually almost everything in that shot has a yellowish tint that isn't present in the 720p.

Author
Time

I just looked at the end credits and there's no mention of a version 2.0 or 2.5 so I'm guessing it's 1.0? The descpecialized credits don't scroll, it's just a still shot.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I cannot, for the life of me, find a search feature on this forum!  I would like an invite from someone to have an invite to MySpleen. I have a 4.056 ratio on ilovetorrents.me (upload 9.16TB, download 2.26TB), so I will be a good seeder there as well.

If there is a way I SHOULD be asking this question, let me know and I will happily do it that way.  I want everyone to have fast access to Harmy's works, and now that I have REALLY good up and download speeds, I can help make that happen.  The myspleen forum has one thread on it that basically says "good luck, no one is going to invite you" as its first post.  :(  I have tried there, but no luck.

Thanks for any help!

EDIT:  I can trade an ilovetorrents.me invite for a myspleen invite.

Author
Time

Go to the off-topic section of the forum and post in the MySpleen invite request thread.

Author
Time

cybrsage said:

I cannot, for the life of me, find a search feature on this forum!

They took it down.  Google search works well for the overall domain, but searching in individual threads is a pretty necessary function  when threads get big.

Author
Time

I downloaded v2.5 in 720p and I see it's the same coloring as the DVD5. Is this how it looked theatrically? Where did the coloring from v1.0 come from?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Versions 2.1 and above are color-timed to a low-fade Technicolor IB print, and the colors are therefore accurate to the 1977 theatrical release.

I believe that the body of 1.0 was from an HD broadcast of the '97 Special Editions.

“That’s impossible, even for a computer!”

“You don't do ‘Star Wars’ in Dobly.”