logo Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 - MKV (Released) — Page 503

Author
Time
 (Edited)

ShadyGFella said:

Sorry, I miss spoke, I'm just trying to get my eyeballs on these versions lol, that is all 

I once got an internet proposition from Miss Spoke.

Author
Time

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I'm having trouble jumping to other chapters in the AVCHD version. Each time I try, the video stream stops, although the audio continues to play.

Additionally, whenever I try to change the audio from the default, it freezes.

I am using Media Player Classic, by the way.

Please, could someone help me out? I'd like to show this to a class sometime this week, some of whom have never seen Star Wars. I'd like to show them the very best there is to offer. Thank you in advance.

Author
Time

Handman said:

Please, could someone help me out?

I hate to be that guy, but is using VLC an option?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time
 (Edited)

AntcuFaalb said:

Handman said:

I don't know why there's a big difference, but it worked perfectly! Thanks, AntcuFaalb.

Although, it looks a little different... I think I'll get used to it, but I have no idea why it does.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Handman said:

AntcuFaalb said:

Handman said:

I don't know why there's a big difference, but it worked perfectly! Thanks, AntcuFaalb.

Although, it looks a little different... I think I'll get used to it, but I have no idea why it does.

Well, VLC does all decoding itself. It doesn't rely on any third-party (relative to VLC) codecs. MPC, IIRC, relies on what's installed on your system which may or may not work correctly.

With that being said, how does it look different in VLC? Can you provide a more detailed explanation?

One possibility is a difference in H.264 post-processing.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

Handman said:

AntcuFaalb said:

Handman said:

Well, VLC does all decoding itself. It doesn't rely on any third-party (relative to VLC) codecs. MPC, IIRC, relies on what's installed on your system which may or may not work correctly.

With that being said, how does it look different in VLC? Can you provide a more detailed explanation?

One possibility is a difference in H.264 post-processing.

It looks a bit grainier and blurrier. However, this may be nothing more than confirmation bias. I appreciate your help in explaining this to me.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hey!

I skimmed through the despecialized versions. And must say I could almost feel the magic again. Which was lost so I have thought. I could felt the force again as I have 0felt when watching Star Wars for the first time on beta-max tape (haha). Only now the picture is much clearer than before.

So I understand this is not the effort of just 1 Harmy I think?

So to all of you who have workled on these projects.

T. H. a n X. !

Author
Time

I needed to create an account just to say thank you so much for helping preserve this film the way it was. I don't have a hate for the newer versions. I just missed the originals-the ones I grew up with. Not only do I still have the original VHS copies I grew up with but I have every single version that's been released since the mid 90's.

It's very near and dear to my heart so when I watched what you'd done...I cried. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I wanted to stand up and cheer at the end-just like when I watched it as a kid. 

Anyways..again, thank you from the very bottom of my heart to everyone working on these fan editions. You've helped this silly 40 year old feel like a kid a gain. You rock-amps to eleven, and steel strings sparking. 

May the force be with you...always. 

-Zid

zids sig

Author
Time

...what?

Nobody sang The Bunny Song in years…

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Even furries dig it!

But of course! How else would they get to see OOT Chewie in optimum quality? 

Author
Time

*sigh* Why do I bother?

Author
Time

Now to be fair, I didn't see ziddersroofurry's post at first.

I am speechless, really.

Author
Time

Danfun128 said:

I am speechless, really.

The more you let Frink ruffle your panties the more he'll try to work you.  It's his way of showing he cares.  

Author
Time

Jetrell Fo said:

Danfun128 said:

I am speechless, really.

The more you let Frink ruffle your panties the more he'll try to work you.  It's his way of showing he cares.  

Let's see...

1) Guy with furry name, avatar, and sig posts to thank Harmy
2) Frink says wow, furries like Harmy's work too
3) Danfun takes Frink's post in isolation rather than reading the prior post
4) Danfun figures it out
5) Fo makes comment about Frink having nothing to do with what happened

Author
Time
 (Edited)

6. Frink suspiciously makes a post about how he is completely innocent to Danfun's confusion.
7. Fo says "I told you that he would try to ruffle your panties"

I genuinely didn't see that post at first, and I apologize if I was being insensitive.

Author
Time

I give up.  You guys keep making your nonsensical posts, I'm gonna go watch Harmy's work again.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

I give up.  You guys keep making your nonsensical posts, I'm gonna go watch Harmy's work again.

Oddly enough my friend you forget to mention your own well known penchant for non-topic related posts ......  just having some fun with you.

:) 

Author
Time

I was just re watching version 2.5 and I noticed something out of place. I tried searching for it but found nothing. The issue occurs at around 18:50 and is in the scene when the Jawas come to Luke's home to sell their droids. We all know there is a funny shot when C-3PO is speaking to Uncle Owen and R2-D2 sarcastically turns his dome, as I was watching the scene I noticed the shot was missing, then at around 18:50 when the red droid blows his top and Luke says "what about that one" the missing shot is included. I was one of the early downloaders of 2.5 and I remember people talking about issues so it might be possible that I just downloaded a bad version.  

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Jetrell Fo said:

Danfun128 said:

I am speechless, really.

Let's see...

1) Guy with furry name, avatar, and sig posts to thank Harmy
2) Frink says wow, furries like Harmy's work too
3) Danfun takes Frink's post in isolation rather than reading the prior post
4) Danfun figures it out
5) Fo makes comment about Frink having nothing to do with what happened

I put my thumb in my anus between events 4 and 5, so please edit that into the timeline.

Harrison Ford Has Pretty Much Given Up on His Son. Here's Why

Author
Time

My editing software doesn't allow that.  I guess it will have to be a deleted scene.

Author
Time

First, you'd need the proper plug sound effect and make sure it's synced correctly to the video for your region.

TV’s Frink said:

chyron just put a big Ric pic in your sig and be done with it.

Author
Time

chyron8472 said:

First, you'd need the proper plug sound effect and make sure it's synced correctly to the video for your region.

I see what you did there.

Project Threepio (Star Wars OOT subtitles)

Author
Time

I got Harmy's edition yesterday and spent several hours switching between Harmy's and the official BR comparing several changes shown on the g+ album, I must say that I had almost completely forget how the real deal looked like and enjoyed it a lot. I don't know much of this things but it looks very polish and I assume that removing all that CG on some scenes was harder than I think. Thanks for sharing your work

<span>The statement below is true
The statement above is false</span>