logo Sign In

Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 - MKV (Released) — Page 474

Author
Time
 (Edited)

analog said:

I'm still curious why multi avchd isn't "hackable" to extend its audio menu. There's got to be a way to change it above 16 or whatever.

Has there been an update recently? On the website it states you can have 32 audio tracks in the menu now. Or did it always say this and it's incorrect?

Menu support:
Maximum number of titles: 252
Maximum number of hidden titles: 251
Maximum number of subtitles per title: 32
Maximum number of chapters per title: 96
Maximum number of audio tracks per title: 32
Welcome screen / Intro title: 1

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Also no, I emailed the dev who created it and he replied:

"multiAVCHD supports up to 32 audio tracks per title, but can only show 16 in the menu. The rest can be changed using the OSD of the player. Sadly this is a limitation of multiAVCHD that cannot be removed at the moment."

When I pushed him for more information he stated:

"multiAVCHD was aimed to be free for home use and for such use it is more than capable to produce content. Authoring menus for titles with 6-10 audio tracks or 7-12 subtitle tracks shows different goals and is out of multiAVCHD's scope. Anyway, the limitation cannot be lifted because of the way the SETUP pages are created. Since there is no free way to generate and properly mux IGS tracks (at least back in 2009-2010), multiAVCHD uses a small template with 16 button placeholders: 6 for audio, 7 for subtitles and 3 for navigation. There is no way to extend the number of the predefined placeholders/programmable buttons in this particular IGS."

Which is a shame :(

Author
Time

Good information, though.  Thanks for looking into it.

Author
Time

Can you not search this site?  I am trying to find Team-negative 1's thread on the Star Wars restoration.

Author
Time

The best way to search the forums is to use Google. Just use this template in the search bar:

site:originaltrilogy.com search terms here

Forum Moderator
Author
Time
 (Edited)

timdiggerm said:

Why don't we put a search box in the corner that just does that?

Just do it like me.  Create a OT.com Search Bookmark in your browser.  Problem solved.

Edit:  Oh, and use what Tobar said above.

Author
Time

timdiggerm said:

Why don't we put a search box in the corner that just does that?

Jay should do this, if only to lessen the number of "How do I search?" posts.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I can't remember my myspleen log in details :(

can someone please send me an invite? :)

EDIT: Thanks!

“But I was going to Tosche Station to pickup some power converters!”

Author
Time

AntcuFaalb said:

fgqb#19nyj said:

are there fanedits out there that are based on the 1995 thx versions of the old trilogy? you know, the last ones that came out before the special editions?

The master used to produce the 1995 THX releases is the same one used to produce the 2006 Theatrical Bonus DVDs (a.k.a., GOUT).

Team Blu is doing their own upscaled/cleaned-up/etc. release of GOUT. I guess one could consider this a "fanedit", but I don't think the term applies well to this kind of work; "restoration" would be more fitting.

Come to think of it, where is the thread for that restoration?

Ol’ George has the GOUT, I see.

Author
Time

FrankT said:

AntcuFaalb said:

fgqb#19nyj said:

are there fanedits out there that are based on the 1995 thx versions of the old trilogy? you know, the last ones that came out before the special editions?

The master used to produce the 1995 THX releases is the same one used to produce the 2006 Theatrical Bonus DVDs (a.k.a., GOUT).

Team Blu is doing their own upscaled/cleaned-up/etc. release of GOUT. I guess one could consider this a "fanedit", but I don't think the term applies well to this kind of work; "restoration" would be more fitting.

Come to think of it, where is the thread for that restoration?

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Star-Wars-OT-1997-Special-Edition-Info/topic/10550/

A picture is worth a thousand words. Post 102 is worth more.

I’m late to the party, but I think this is the best song. Enjoy!

—Teams Jetrell Fo 1, Jetrell Fo 2, and Jetrell Fo 3

Author
Time

Ye- what?

Ol’ George has the GOUT, I see.

Author
Time

Re: Blu-ray release - given multiAVCHDs limitations and no potential for an update; and a lack of any cheap/easy to use authoring software that could accomodate more than 16 tracks of audio on a menu, we still have the question as to what course of action should be taken with the 21 tracks. I wonder Harmy, have you had any ideas regarding this since?

Noticing there are 10 foreign language tracks, would it be wise to have the option to download one of two available BDs? Splitting the 10 FL tracks over both discs means you can keep the 11 English language/Isolated score tracks on both discs while adding 5 FL tracks to each one. As much as we would all love to be completists I can't imagine this would affect many people and the option to download the alternative disc would still remain in case someone wanted both for whatever reason they may have.

TRACK  1) 5.1   DTS-HD-MA   [English]        (1977 70mm six track mix)
TRACK  2) 2.0   DTS-HD-MA   [English]        (1977 35mm stereo mix)
TRACK  3) 1.0   DTS-HD-MA   [English]        (1977 35mm mono mix)
TRACK  4) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (1985 Laserdisc mix)
TRACK  5) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (1993 Laserdisc mix)
TRACK  6) 2.0 Dolby Digital [German]         (1978 dub reconstruction)
TRACK  7) 2.0 Dolby Digital [French]         (1977 dub)
TRACK  8) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Spanish]        (1977 Castilian dub)
TRACK  9) 1.0 Dolby Digital [Spanish]        (1980 Latino dub)
TRACK 10) 1.0 Dolby Digital [Portuguese]     (1980s Brazilian dub)
TRACK 11) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (1993 LD Audio Commentary - silence filled with 1993 LD 2.0)
TRACK 12) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (2004 DVD Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
TRACK 13) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (2004 starwars.com Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
TRACK 14) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (2011 BD Archival Interviews Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
TRACK 15) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Isolated Score] (Compiled by hairy_hen)
TRACK 16) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (Commentary For Visually Impaired)

TRACK  1) 5.1   DTS-HD-MA   [English]        (1977 70mm six track mix)
TRACK  2) 2.0   DTS-HD-MA   [English]        (1977 35mm stereo mix)
TRACK  3) 1.0   DTS-HD-MA   [English]        (1977 35mm mono mix)
TRACK  4) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (1985 Laserdisc mix)
TRACK  5) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (1993 Laserdisc mix)
TRACK  6) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Japanese]       (1978 Dub)
TRACK  7) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Italian]        (1977 dub)
TRACK  8) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Polish]         (1995 Voiceover)
TRACK  9) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Czech]          (1992 dub)
TRACK 10) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Hungarian]      (1984 dub)
TRACK 11) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (1993 LD Audio Commentary - silence filled with 1993 LD 2.0)
TRACK 12) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (2004 DVD Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
TRACK 13) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (2004 starwars.com Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
TRACK 14) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (2011 BD Archival Interviews Audio Commentary - recut to fit this release)
TRACK 15) 2.0 Dolby Digital [Isolated Score] (Compiled by hairy_hen)
TRACK 16) 2.0 Dolby Digital [English]        (Commentary For Visually Impaired)

I'm sure this has been discussed and considered at great length so forgive me if I have missed any news on the matter but I am keen to see what a fully built BD from Harmy looks like, hence the post.

Author
Time

Blu-ray release is supposed to be "deluxe", and you want to cut stuff out?  If we really can't have BD with all audio tracks (someone has said that Adywan has the right software. I think?), I say new version should also be released as MKV.

Fanrestore - Fan Restoration Forum: https://fanrestore.com

Author
Time

Hi all,

I am new to these editions and have followed the instructions in the first post to download the Despecialized Editions from MySpleen.

My questions are as follows:

1. The first post states:

!!!Important!!!

The 640Kbps 5.1 track has some bad compression issues.

The 77 Stereo and mono may have been affected as well.

The German and Spanish soundtracks are unfortunately out of sync, here are links to download corrected AC3 files:

Replacement tracks are available from tehparadox and usenet.

I have had a look on tehPARADOX.COM and am not sure where to find these replacement tracks. I do not use Usenet.

Of the tracks quoted above, I am particularly interested in

TRACK 1) 5.1 70mm mix @ 640Kbps 

TRACK 2) 1977 2.0 mix @ 256Kbps 

TRACK 3) 1977 1.0 mix @ 128Kbps

I am not that bothered about

TRACK 5) 2.0 German dub @ 192Kbps*

or

TRACK 7) 2.0 Spanish dub @ 192Kbps*

So could anyone please point me in the direction of the replacement tracks (on tehPARADOX.COM not Usenet) for the three English tracks quoted above please?

2. I have no intention of burning these to Blu-ray. I will be playing them off my media server and viewing them on XBMC. What I am after is a good quality "poster"-style image to attach to these Despecialized Editions on XBMC. I know Harmy has attached the Blu-ray inserts and I have downloaded them. Maybe I will crop the back/spine and use the front cover. But I also noticed the following post:

michaeldc said:

RATLSNAKE said: 

Those are sweet! Why are the official releases never even close to this? Oh that's right LucasFilm and Fox have always been operated by twats.

Quick question, does the U thing need to be on the spine? As in to keep the covers "international".

The 'Universal' logo indicates that this is suitable for all audiences - I put the logo there because it's how I remember my old old VHS looking mainly but you'll find this or similar logos on most BD and DVD releases. I wanted the spines to not look out of places in peoples collections.

Ok that didn't take long - edited the Jedi art, looks much better now!

http://www.multiupload.nl/LJBTB4DZ2Z

This link no longer seems to work. Does anyone else have the link to this artwork?

Also what about the sweet "banner"-style images on the first post of each of Harmy's SW, ESB and RotJ threads? Are they available for download in high resolution?

Than you all in advance.

And more than anything, THANK YOU HARMY for all your hard work.

Author
Time

@ michaeldc: This would definitely work but the problem is, that the limit in all the programs I could get my hands on was 6-8 tracks, not 16. But I asked around and I might actually get access to a computer with pro-level authoring software through school, so I'm holding out for that. Another thing is that I've never done BD authoring before and it seems far more complicated than what I've done with DVD (and even that was quite difficult for me) - I'll give it my best shot but the ideal situation would be if someone with access to the necessary software and the skill to do it, would be willing to turn my designs into reality for me.

@AK-47 - I believe that that info applies to v2.0 - I hope I remember correctly, but I think that in v2.5, all the tracks are fine.

Author
Time

AK-47 said:

This link no longer seems to work. Does anyone else have the link to this artwork?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzccty3u02e624j/SW-MC-BDArt.zip

That's the link to full res versions I made. Enjoy!

M-SW-MC-BDArt

Author
Time

Feallan said:

Blu-ray release is supposed to be "deluxe", and you want to cut stuff out?

I thought I was clear that no, I do not want that, I do however want to try and find a way to make things work given the tools we have available to us and their limitations.

Author
Time

Harmy said:

@ michaeldc: This would definitely work but the problem is, that the limit in all the programs I could get my hands on was 6-8 tracks, not 16. But I asked around and I might actually get access to a computer with pro-level authoring software through school, so I'm holding out for that. Another thing is that I've never done BD authoring before and it seems far more complicated than what I've done with DVD (and even that was quite difficult for me) - I'll give it my best shot but the ideal situation would be if someone with access to the necessary software and the skill to do it, would be willing to turn my designs into reality for me.

I tried to find programs and work with some but you're right, it's a whole new level of pain compared to dvd authoring. I keep an eye out in the hope that I can help but I'm struggling currently.

Author
Time

michaeldc said:

Feallan said:

Blu-ray release is supposed to be "deluxe", and you want to cut stuff out?

I thought I was clear that no, I do not want that, I do however want to try and find a way to make things work given the tools we have available to us and their limitations.

Exactly, Blu-ray format means limitations. With MKV number of audio tracks is not an issue. Unless Harmy gets access to better software, I think MKV is the best bet for next release.

Author
Time

Harmy said:

@AK-47 - I believe that that info applies to v2.0 - I hope I remember correctly, but I think that in v2.5, all the tracks are fine.

Thank you very much for the response and again for all your hard work!

michaeldc said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzccty3u02e624j/SW-MC-BDArt.zip

That's the link to full res versions I made. Enjoy!

Thanks very much for this. Awesome.

Author
Time

Feallan said: Exactly, Blu-ray format means limitations. With MKV number of audio tracks is not an issue. Unless Harmy gets access to better software, I think MKV is the best bet for next release.

Wait, 2.5 was only released on MKV, as far as I know that is the final version. Harmy wants to release a full bd disc with menus and whatnot on it, that's what I'm discussing. Download the MKV for 2.5 and you're all set.

Author
Time

michaeldc said:

Feallan said: Exactly, Blu-ray format means limitations. With MKV number of audio tracks is not an issue. Unless Harmy gets access to better software, I think MKV is the best bet for next release.

Wait, 2.5 was only released on MKV, as far as I know that is the final version. Harmy wants to release a full bd disc with menus and whatnot on it, that's what I'm discussing. Download the MKV for 2.5 and you're all set.

YanniD had it right.

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/topic.cfm/Harmys-STAR-WARS-Despecialized-Edition-HD-V25-MKV-IS-OUT-NOW/post/701196/#TopicPost701196

Besides, Blu-ray players work with MKV's burned on discs, right?