logo Sign In

Post #723028

Author
Harmy
Parent topic
Harmy's STAR WARS Despecialized Edition HD - V2.7 - MKV (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/723028/action/topic#723028
Date created
20-Aug-2014, 8:16 AM

OK, let me start by saying, that I have had the scripts for this documentary checked and "approved" by at least ten members here, like half a year ago and they are staying the way they are. But there are seven parts planned altogether, this is just the introduction and you'll notice, that it's called Introducing the Despecialized Edition, not introducing Fan Preservations - so the preservations I chose to talk about here are those, which are relevant to what I'm talking about at the moment - I mention LD preservations, because I use that to lead up to talking about the GOUT, which is itself basically just a LD preservation and then I mention the preservations made from the GOUT and those combining different sources, because it leads up to the DeEd - at that time, there were no 35mm preservations - it may have been good to mention Puggo Grande but I talk about it in the later part and it isn't important for the story being told in this part - it all has internal logic :-)

Some of the other stuff you mention will be addressed in the other parts. The parts will be as follows:

- "Introducing the Despecialized Edition"
What is the DeEd and why it was made.

- "Introducing the changes"
Showing the changes made to the movies and how the changes were discovered (005's galleries).

- "Introducing the Rontoscoping"
Talking about and showing the removal of changes with rotoscoping.

- "Introducing the Sources"
This you've of course already seen but it will be re-cut slightly, as some segments will be used in the other parts.

- "Introducing the Colors"
How the color correction was done.

- "Introducing the Soundtacks"

I'd dearly love to include this one but I cannot with clear conscience attempt to do it myself - I could do the video side of it, but not the audio side and the script. The request for help with this still stands.

- "Introducing the Versions"
What are all the different versions, including the PDEs.
This one will be expanded to also talk about and show the latest versions of ESB and ROTJ.

As to using all the other Oscars, I think it would get boring pretty quickly and one is all that is needed to illustrate the point - the other awards are introduced by showing the corresponding segments from the movies.

With Obi-Wan's scream, again, it is used to illustrate a point, not to analyze all the different changes and versions and I think that showing the two most different versions serves that purpose best.