logo Sign In

Happy LeBronica!!!

Author
Time

Hmm.  Looks like Cousin Skeeter's half-brother...

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

And that image would be awesome reversed.  A Lebron peek-a-boo!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sluggo said:

A Lebron peek-a-boo!

Sounds like at least a misdemeanor, if not a felony.*

Author
Time

That's it!  I'm going downtown and am gonna throw a garbage can through a plate-glass window because of you.

Author
Time

Hey, Cleveland Rocks!  Drew Carey taught me that.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV's Frink said:

Only a few hours until LeBronica! Are you excited?  Are you planning a riot? Are you going to watch A Charlie Brown LeBronica?

Will he not be coming to your town?

http://i40.tinypic.com/nlr237.gif

there is no way in hell I would watch that s__t.   Even if there was a chance he was going to the 76ers,  I still wouldn't watch that s__t.   You couldn't pay me enough to watch that s__t.   If a beautiful sexy woman offered me sex to watch that s__t,  I would turn her down.   I hope no one watches that s__t.

Author
Time

I just can't stand it that now athletes have such big heads that they do hour long specials just to announce where they are signing.   This probably going to happen every time a big player becomes a free agent, in any sport.   It symbolizes all that is wrong in sports.   Lebron  James is nothing but a greedy, selfish, self-centered jerk with a super ego who thinks he's gods gift to the world.    I refuse to help feed his ego.   Once, just, once I would love to see every team in sports refuse to sign of these idiots and let 'im sit for a season.   It would teach them all a lesson in humility.    

Author
Time

This is all so silly...

You  really expect me to believe that that felt puppet can play basketball (we are talking about basketball, right?)?!  Where are the cameras?  I'm obviously being Punk'd here.

There is no lingerie in space…

C3PX said: Gaffer is like that hot girl in high school that you think you have a chance with even though she is way out of your league because she is sweet and not a stuck up bitch who pretends you don’t exist… then one day you spot her making out with some skinny twerp, only on second glance you realize it is the goth girl who always sits in the back of class; at that moment it dawns on you why she is never seen hanging off the arm of any of the jocks… and you realize, damn, she really is unobtainable after all. Not that that is going to stop you from dreaming… Only in this case, Gaffer is actually a guy.

Author
Time

You're right Gaff, a felt puppet can't play basketball.  Felt is clearly not a load bearing material.

Author
Time

Warbler said:

I just can't stand it that now athletes have such big heads that they do hour long specials just to announce where they are signing.   This probably going to happen every time a big player becomes a free agent, in any sport.   It symbolizes all that is wrong in sports.   Lebron  James is nothing but a greedy, selfish, self-centered jerk with a super ego who thinks he's gods gift to the world.    I refuse to help feed his ego.   Once, just, once I would love to see every team in sports refuse to sign of these idiots and let 'im sit for a season.   It would teach them all a lesson in humility.
I think something like this that was already leaked should have been announced on Twitter in less than 140 characters. Not an hour on ESPN. The restaurant we ate at last night shows ESPN on all of its TV's and I was getting mad about all of the LeBron coverage, and my wife was trying to figure out why since I don't care one bit about basketball!

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time
 (Edited)

My thoughts on this whole situation:

It's a joke.  I have no problem with LeBron choosing to leave Cleveland (note that I am a Bulls fan who was hoping to get LeBron, but because of how this went down, I'm kind of glad he isn't a Bull).  But announcing his decision to go to Miami during a one hour special on TV is a kick to the crotch of Cleveland, plain and simple.  It marks LeBron as a guy with a massive ego and also makes him a dick.

I think back to how Michael Jordan announced his return to the Bulls after his first retirement: A two page fax ("I'm back").  If you want a more recent example of class, Kevin Durant of OK City (not a superstar yet but on the way) just announced a big contract extension on Twitter.  As 005 said, that's how LeBron should have done it.

Having said all this, I DVR'd the special for quick viewing later.  I don't think I will watch the whole thing (too boring and vomit-inducing, I'm guessing), but I'm going to skim through it for the possibilities of unintentional comedy.  Did anyone here watch it?

The Cavs owner made some hilarious comments in a letter to Cleveland fans, including calling LeBron a coward and putting a curse on both LeBron and Miami.

If you're a basketball fan (not from Cleveland), Miami is probably the most interesting place he could have gone.  LeBron is joining a team that already has a player nearly on his same level (Wade) and added another top level player (Bosh).  How will they (and their massive egos) co-exist?  And how will the team play with 3 superstars and 9 trash-piles (minimum salary players)?

One other thing, I can't help but think what Jordan would have done in this same situation.  Would he have joined up with another two superstars to win a title?  Not in a million years.  He would have wanted to CRUSH them on a team where he was the unquestioned number one guy.  James going to Miami kind of feels like a cop-out.

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed LeBronica!!!

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

My thoughts on this whole situation:

It's a joke.  I have no problem with LeBron choosing to leave Cleveland (note that I am a Bulls fan who was hoping to get LeBron, but because of how this went down, I'm kind of glad he isn't a Bull).  But announcing his decision to go to Miami during a one hour special on TV is a kick to the crotch of Cleveland, plain and simple.  It marks LeBron as a guy with a massive ego and also makes him a dick.

quoted for truth, and I agree 110%.

TV's Frink said:

The Cavs owner made some hilarious comments in a letter to Cleveland fans, including calling LeBron a coward and putting a curse on both LeBron and Miami.

I agree with him and wish the same curse on both LeBron and Miami.   Wouldn't it be funny if the Cavs when on to win the title after having beat Miami in the Conference Championship?   :D

TV's Frink said:

One other thing, I can't help but think what Jordan would have done in this same situation.  Would he have joined up with another two superstars to win a title?  Not in a million years.

didn't the Bulls have some other players on the team(at the time that Jordan was there) that were pretty good?   I lost a little respect for Jordan when he came back for the third time.    You don't accept all the gifts and accolades and whatnot and have the major major news conference to announce your retirement, just come back.  Its just plain dishonest.  (and yes, I've also lost alot of respect for Brett Favre)

Author
Time

Warbler said:

TV's Frink said:

One other thing, I can't help but think what Jordan would have done in this same situation.  Would he have joined up with another two superstars to win a title?  Not in a million years.

didn't the Bulls have some other players on the team(at the time that Jordan was there) that were pretty good?

The Bulls had Scottie Pippen, who was (IMUHO) one of the greatest (maybe top 50?) players of all time.  However, he was not #1 player, i.e. a leader.  Not to mention Jordan was already on the Bulls and never went through the free agent process.  But if he had, he would have never joined a team that had someone like Wade or Kobe Bryant because he would want to be THE MAN.  Maybe it's selfish, but he would want to prove he could win the title as the big dog and he was the best basketball player EVER.  And James is admitting he doesn't have that in him.

The rest of the Bulls were all complementary players.

Author
Time

Finally watched the special.  Hilarious unintentional comedy, as I hoped.  The opening movie-trailer voiceover was brilliantly stupid, the interviewers avoided all the important questions, and of course LeBron didn't give a single actual answer.  He also looked like he was a cardboard cutout, because he didn't show a single bit of emotion or remorse the whole time.

What a dick.