logo Sign In

Post #254276

Author
Belbucus
Parent topic
Info: 2006 GOUT DVD using 'Faces' PCM Sound?
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/254276/action/topic#254276
Date created
1-Nov-2006, 7:51 AM
A few comments about the latest soundtrack synch to the GOUT – my take on an isolated score: I realize this has been done before. In fact it was not till I had finished this that I had a chance to hear the Editdroid version (which I thought was quite good).

There are however, a few things that distinguish this version from the previous ones. First, any un-scored sections have been filled with the audio from the DC ’93 mix. Second, in most cases the levels have been remixed to approximate the way they played in the context of the film. I say “in most cases” as some of the more dramatic level rides in the film were to make room for other sound elements, and do not lend themselves well to presenting the music on its own. The other change worth mentioning is that I added treatments to the very clean CD versions of the Cantina cues to more approximate the way they sound in the film (depicting music performed live within the scene as opposed to a disembodied score).

I am pretty happy with the way it came together. I almost enjoy it more as a stand-alone audio piece. This was always one of my favorite John Williams scores, and it’s nice to hear it exactly as it was in the film with the bridging of the additional audio.

Once again, this should synch to the GOUT DVD with the same offset applied to the DC48 and DS48 files. It has also been mastered at the same reference level as the DC’93 PCM and the 2nd issue/re-adjusted Dolby Stereo mix.