logo Sign In

Even The Star Wars Databank Modifies the OT to Fit the PT

Author
Time
 (Edited)

*sigh*

So I'm working on a cutlist script for EP1 today, and the faneditor has included a deleted scene (during the podrace) of those Cantina Band guys playing a quick bit in the crowd.  I can't remember what that alien race is called, so I go to Wookieepedia first and discover they are the "Bith."  Since -pedia sites are not always 100% accurate, I double check this info at the Star Wars databank.  I hit the Episode 4 link, and find Bith in the list.  I click on the link, and a picture pops up of the Bith playing in the crowd from the EP 1 deleted scene!

Really?  It wouldn't be appropriate to show a picture of them from ANH?

*grumble grumble*

Author
Time

I blame Ric Olie.

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

Don't you mean you thank Ric Olie?

Anyway, it wasn't up to me.  If it was, the Bith would have been replaced by my band, The Observatory.

Author
Time

I wish someone could delete any reference to the prequels or special editions from the main databank as those are not real star wars despite what lucas will say.

Sometime in the interim between 1983 and now he was replaced with a clone to destroy star wars, it is the only thing that would make sense a body snatchers invasion!

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time

I have no problem with the PT being in the databank, in fact it was an great resource when I was developing my cutlist scripts.  However, the OT and PT information should be kept more separate.  No pictures of the PT in the OT sections!

Author
Time

This reminds me of how even the new Making of Star Wars book has a few pictures in it from the SE.

Twerps.