logo Sign In

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace (FULL MOVIE IS AVAILABLE TO STREAM, SEE FIRST POST) — Page 2

Author
Time

Bingowings said:

I wonder who came up with that ridiculous idea...I wonder...?

Awesome Bingo :-)

I plan to go through the Worst Edit Idea thread and give credit where credit is due.

Author
Time

Y'know, I think this might be the most genuine attempt at an *enjoyable* Episode I edit.

As long as the jokes are dense enough throughout the film to hold our attention. I can picture watching it with someone who's never seen it, not telling them what it is.

My stance on revising fan edits.

Author
Time

Hal 9000 said:

As long as the jokes are dense enough throughout the film to hold our attention.

That's the plan - hopefully I can pull it off.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Just watched the Anakin being tested clip and had an idea. I would say extend the amount of images he gets tested on by using that same shot over and over. But replace the images on the video screen to help along with some of Anakins guesses.

And of course when he makes the guess of ship, have the video screen show a picture of a charlie's angels picture. Or maybe a picture of Farrah Fawcett.

If you wanted I could do the shots replacing the screen images. You could just send me the Images you wanted on the screen.

My Episode 3 Edit Reign of the Dark Side

Author
Time

Thanks bob, I might just take you up on that.

Author
Time

I had an idea like this that I think I mentioned on here before, but I'll probably never get at it.

Author
Time

It would be a laugh if someone could drop the slimer ghost from Ghostfighters into the Fed ship scenes. Sidious' line about a stunted slime would have a new meaning.

BOX from Logan's Run would be another good sample source for weird droid speak.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Hey Frink, this is cool idea for prequel edits

^^ what he said about slimer - would be cool!

You can never go home again, but i guess you can shop there.

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

doubleofive said:

As long as you put my favorite line back in somewhere else, I'll be pleased.

Just for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ThThSOZ-v0
"A cup. They're supposed to be the most beautiful creatures in the universe." lol nice.

I like the idea of adding the Ronto butt from ANHSE at several key scenes. Senate talking while a Ronto walks in front of the camera. Darth Maul fighting, Ronto blocks camera. I think things should be added in as crudely as you can. MORE flying ships, more dumb cameos. At least when things slow down dialog wise. One joke at a time, just string them together.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time

doubleofive said:

more dumb cameos.

haha! -  you could insert clips from mel gibson, the terminator, dirty harry etc.....and have them join in on killing the droids at some point during the movie.

some footage from from the Spaceballs movie might fit in pretty good too, like the flying winnebago :)

Author
Time
 (Edited)

lol guys, I'm still learning Vegas with very limited time available, so I don't think doing a bunch of FX work is in the cards for me.  However, a few things here or there would be cool if someone can do it for me, such as:

doubleofive said:

Darth Maul fighting, Ronto blocks camera.

I really like this one for the first Maul/Obi fight in the desert.

And bob, I like what you did with the protocol droid voice as well as the parking zone announcement (is that from Airplane?)

Author
Time

I think you should call the final product The Legions Of The Final Milf then it would really rock.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Bingowings said:

I think you should call the final product The Legions Of The Final Milf then it would really rock.

So I guess the milf is refering to Shmi? palpatines secretly had his evil way with her which would explain a great many things about why annie turns to the darkside.

New prequel story plot:  By a curious coincidence Shmi is also a secret sith mistress and had the hots for palpatine all along or that they both met at the local secret Sith club. Shmi falls in love with palps who told her that if she agree'd to take him home ,they could make serious sith love and he would then train her as his apprentice! she agrees cos she is in love with him, they did the evil deed and in the morning he ran off! leaving her pregnant, Shmi finally decides to kill herself and make it look like the sand people did it by getting them to invite her to dinner. Then after dinner she has her evil way with all the sandpeople and then prepares to kill herself ...thats when anakin walks in on her in episode 2. Making it look like the sandpeople were responsible....becuase she knows she'll have more power as a force ghost - and she can manipulate annie from the ....other side\ether\ whatever and finally gets her revenge by:

she has to wait many years for finally the right time to carry out her revenge which is when palps is trying to kill luke with lightning....thus its her controlling vader when he throws palps down the reactor shaft!

woah sorry for long message! but thought i was on to something here!

Author
Time

Bingo was just making a reference to a bizarre off-topic thread.  It shouldn't take you long to find it.

Author
Time

Or someone could just explain it here :p

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

And bob, I like what you did with the protocol droid voice as well as the parking zone announcement (is that from Airplane?)

Yeah, I was hoping you would catch that 8)

My Episode 3 Edit Reign of the Dark Side

Author
Time

Milf in this context could stand for Minisoreen Inseminated Life Form.

Annie could be the final MILF.

A few OT.COMisms could be introduced into the script like, "you meen hes a .... ?" and "*sigh*"

Author
Time

I could see putting *sigh* in as a subtitle somewhere.

Author
Time

*Scrolls through Star Wars fan-edit' forum*
"Oh would you look at that, Frink is making his own edit"
*double take*
"WAIT, WHAT?!"

Thankfully my preconception of you as the loveable ot.com jokester hasn't been turned on it's head by you doing a serious fan-edit. What losers would bother with those? Those things are ten-a-penny :-p

You need only look at the product of my homeland, Taff Wars, to see that comedy is where it's at ;-)

But in all seriousness, these may just end up being be the most watchable prequel fan-edits around. Nothing making any sense in AOTC will actually aid you in your goal.

It's a shame sswr's youtube vid 'human-cyborg relations' is no longer viewable. It could give you ideas.....I still don't know why he actually took his videos down as well as stopping editing. :-/

Author
Time

Also, a little premature. When we see Chewie in ROTS, just after Yoda decapitates the clones, there's a wookie growl that sounds a bit like 'wow'. Insert that and have his subtitle say "wow" too.

Author
Time

Take a look at TMBTM's grindhouse edit, moments similar to his rough-cut elements would be great additions to your edit. Also, fit the planets suite in there because it's amazing and so wonderfully sci-fi.

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em