logo Sign In

Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace (FULL MOVIE IS AVAILABLE TO STREAM, SEE FIRST POST) — Page 87

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

I had a dream that I had enough money to bring one ot.com member with me to Denver and I picked Silverwook because I owed him for all the DVDs.

But 005 dressed up as Silverwook (or his avatar, anyway) and tricked me.

Tricksey 005...
*puts his wookiee costume away*

Time for Plan M!

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Sue them all!

And I thought SW fans were grumpy. ;)

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
 (Edited)

TV's Frink said:

I don't want to say too much just yet, as this is not 100% finalized, but there is a good chance that TRM will be screened at a theater in Denver on May 4th. And if it is, I believe I will be able to attend.

Stay tuned...

And...this is official.

http://www.wingsmuseum.org/events/events-for-families

Activities
· Foam Sabers – For the 12 and under.
· Craft Area – Ewoks and Bag Puppets.
· Comicbook Classroom
· LFL Artist Kevin Graham – Demos and a drawing session with the kids.
· Blast-a-Trooper
· Photo Backdrops
· Green Screen Adventures
· Large Props – Jim Shima’s Fun Toys
· Jabba’s Skiff Float
· Open Cockpit
· Fan Film Festival in the Harrison Ford Theater

Huge thanks to he-guy for putting this together

Oh...one last piece of news...Mrs. Frink will be attending with me. So if you ever wanted to confirm that I'm married, or at least that I know a beautiful woman who is willing to pretend to be my wife, here's your chance!

Author
Time

^That's really awesome! Mad jealous. :)

Don’t do drugs, unless you’re with me.

Author
Time

How long before it's screened at the Ranch? ;)

I hope there will be more chances in the future to see it with a large group that I have a fair chance of attending.

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

I'd go if I was in the area!

Ol’ George has the GOUT, I see.

Author
Time

Things to do in Denver when you're Darth!

Whoo, high five! Anybody, high five? No... :-(

VIZ TOP TIPS! - PARENTS. Impress your children by showing them a floppy disk and telling them it’s a 3D model of a save icon.

Author
Time

DVD links for Mega have been added to fanedit.info.

Author
Time

They seemed to be laughing in the right places.

Author
Time

Well yeah... they laughed at Christopher Columbus when he put DVD links up too.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

For those not on FE.org, here's the original post about my trip to Denver (minus the picture of me):

Mrs. Frink and I arrived at the Wings over the Rockies museum a little before he-guy started his Family Guy Star Wars edit, which gave us some time to check out the rest of the event. The highlight was a 3/4 scale model of an x-wing, one of just seven (or five, I can't remember) that were produced by LFL to promote the OT SE release to theaters back in '97.

Mrs. Frink and I took a picture in front of it, unfortunately she won't let me post it.

There were lots of people in costumes, some model work, kids running all over the place with foam sabers, presumably the typical stuff you'll find at a convention or whatever you would call this (don't know for sure, this was my first). My two favorite costumes were a boy Han Solo and his Wookiee dad, and ROTS Anakin. Unfortunately the first picture didn't come out very well, but you can sort of make out the "wookiee costume" (such as it is). I like the Ani pic because of the water he's drinking, it looks like an ROTS on-set picture of an Ani double taking a break.

A couple of models:

There was also a car on display (presumably you could enter to win it), guarded by some stormtroopers. One guy got a little too close and was arrested.

At the appointed time, we headed over to the Harrison Ford Welcome Theater. This was on display.

And now, the first known picture of TV's Frink on the internet.

[PICTURE REDACTED]

We took our seats and settled in for the Family Guy edit. We were joined by one of my oldest (length of time, not age) buddies, who wore this shirt for the event.

The Family Guy edit was surprisingly enjoyable. I say "surprisingly" because I'm in no way a Family Guy fan, but apparently he-guy took out most of the typical bathroom and "mature audience" content. Although at some points it was just a retelling of ANH with Family Guy characters, the jokes that were left were quite funny. The couch stuff in particular was really great. The audience really enjoyed it as well.

I should mention that the edit is not Academy-ready in it's current state, as there are too many noticeable audio cuts. But with some work on smoothing those out, it would be a nice solid edit.

And then my edit played. It was quite surreal seeing it in a nice theater with comfy chairs, a bunch of strangers, and a kick-ass audio system. The only disappointing bit, although perfectly understandable, was that people came and went during the movie. There were so many other things going on, and given the length of the edit, it made sense that most people drifted in and out in 15 or 20 minute increments. But let me tell you, there is no greater feeling than to have people you don't know audibly laugh at some of your jokes. In particular, there was one guy who could not stop laughing at the bit where Qui-Gon is killed and Obi yells "noooooo" over and over. I wanted to give him a big hug. At any rate, the last 20 minutes or so were thrilling, as the theater finally filled to capacity (including people standing at the back) and everyone really got into it. All-in-all, it was a fantastic experience. And he-guy gave me a nice little introduction after the edit ended and everyone gave me some nice applause.

I took several pictures and videos during the movie, unfortunately most of it didn't come out well at all. I posted the one video above, and here's a random picture that isn't too bad.

Afterwards, we wandered around the hangar a little more, and then on the way out we ran into he-guy and chatted for a bit. He's a cool guy, and it was nice to meet him. And he is interested in showing AOTR next year. If that happens, I'll do my best to make it out to Denver again.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Pics or it didn't happen!

Wait...

lol I like that you excised the photo of yourself.

Don’t do drugs, unless you’re with me.