logo Sign In

Droids and Ewoks cartoons on DVD?

Author
Time
Are they ever planning on releasing the entire series of these two shows on DVD?
--Rick
Author
Time
I hope Lucas eventually releases the entire series remastered. I'd love for them do a full on release packed with extras of behind the scenes stuff. The Ewok movies too. What is already released was ok, but it just felt like a rehash of the VHS tapes.
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Pat-Fett
I hope Lucas eventually releases the entire series remastered. I'd love for them do a full on release packed with extras of behind the scenes stuff. The Ewok movies too. What is already released was ok, but it just felt like a rehash of the VHS tapes.

Thing is, Lucas doesn't believe in "restoring" in the sense of how we mean it. To him "restore" would entail the whole series to be amended to reflect the tragedy of Lord Vader and how the Ewoks must now cope with having the burial site of the Sith Lord on their planet.
Author
Time
LOL I bet you're right. I can just imagine GL doing something stupid like going back and doing all the cartoons in the CGI style of the new Clone Wars. "You see, it's all one story."
Author
Time
Originally posted by: Pat-Fett
LOL I bet you're right. I can just imagine GL doing something stupid like going back and doing all the cartoons in the CGI style of the new Clone Wars. "You see, it's all one story."

And (imagine best Lucas impersonation here) "This is how I originally envisioned it, you see the Ewoks no have to contend with the legions of stormtroopers flooding their home planet to pay homage to the shrine of Vader and to tour the many sites of the Death Star II crash sites."