logo Sign In

Does John Tesh suck?

Author
Time

I've always just assumed so, since it seems to be a popular position.  But I've never actually heard the man's music, as far as I know.  It doesn't seem like the kind of music I'd like, but perhaps someone who has actually listened to him could chime in.

And no sports talk allowed in this thread.  Unless it's John Tesh related.

Author
Time

Sorry, hate the guy, but I am a hardcore classic country music fanatic (and bluegrass too!).

Author
Time

I thought the Title of this thread, upon a quick scan, was "John is Teh Suck?"

Yes.  John is teh suck.

(Actually I don't know.  I don't like country music as a rule.  Saying he sucked earlier was mostly meant as a joke.)

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

xhonzi said:

I don't like country music as a rule.

Wait, isn't he new age?

Also, I think he wrote the "NBA on NBC" theme song, which is an example of sports talk that is allowed in this thread.

Author
Time

Yes, John Tesh is as much country as I am a female Eskimo.

Author
Time

Oops.

John Tesh is teh suck!

IT'S MY TRILOGY, AND I WANT IT NOW!

"[George Lucas] rebooted the franchise in 1997 without telling anyone." -skyjedi2005

"Yeah, well, George says a lot of things..." a young 1997 xhonzi on RASSM

"They're my movies." -George Lucas. 19 people won oscars for their work on Star Wars (1977) and George Lucas wasn't one of them.

Rewrite the Prequels!

Author
Time

ferris209 said:

Yes, John Tesh is as much country as I am a female Eskimo.

Well, to be fair, xhonzi can't tell your gender or descent, what with your giant Spaceballs helmet and all.

xhonzi said:

Oops.

John Tesh is teh suck!

lol

Author
Time

John Tesh makes music? I thought he just DJed that radio show where he tlls you what cold symptoms are probably symptoms of some horrible disease.

Author
Time

New Question:  Who is Teh Suck more - John Tesh or Michael Bolton?  I say Tesh, because Bolton was in Office Space.

Author
Time

The NBA on NBC theme was cool, except it was mostly a ripoff highly derivative of CBS' NBA music. So, yeah, he is TEH SUXXORZ.

Want to book yourself or a guest on THE VFP Show? PM me!

Author
Time

All I know about JT is that he used to host Entertainment Tonight w/Mary Hart, and he's married to the beautiful actress Connie Sellecka. I've only heard bits and pieces of his music, and I didn't care for what I heard. Kind of watered-down, Yanni-type new-age stuff. Some new-age/atmospheric stuff is great (like Nicklaus) but JT ain't it.

Author
Time

I once materialised on his starship (he was not in residence) and witnessed first hand that members of his species do indeed suck marrow from humanoid cadavers.

The corpses need to be a few weeks old and are chosen from special request messages on his various fan websites across the cosmos.

If you prefer a Tesheki to slurp on your rotting dead bones to a traditional cremation or burial just contact John and he will do the rest.

Author
Time

Mielr said:

All I know about JT is that...he's married to the beautiful actress Connie Sellecka.

As apposed to what?....The ugly actress Connie Sellecka?

Star Wars Episode XXX: Erica Strikes Back

Davnes007 LogoCanadian Flag

If you want Nice, go to France

Author
Time
 (Edited)

John Tesh say:

Me am teh no sux!! Me am in the stars trek!!!

<span style=“font-weight: bold;”>The Most Handsomest Guy on OT.com</span>

Author
Time

John Tesh looks better as a Klingon.

He should have the surgery to become one permanently.

Author
Time

As a kid, I grew up with John Tesh and Yanni on PBS.

In my mind, I always imagined that Yanni would kick Tesh's wimpy ass. My preference of Yanni over Tesh was due 100% to his mustache, which made him look to me like a longer-haired version of my dad.

However, Yanni would eventually fall out of the limelight of my young life and I would find John Tesh was more and more involved in my life than I thought.

I used to catch Tesh on Music from the Hearts of Space on NPR late at night, and it used to scare the shit out of me (whale sounds after dark as a child are terrifying). I love that kind of minimalist ambient white noise music now, though.

One Christmas a few years ago, I found that Tesh hosted a radio show that did pseudo-advice for dumb people that came on after Delilah's show where she gives really bad relationship advice, also to dumb people. This was the globally-syndicated Mix station that is exactly, disconcertingly the same in any city you go to.

Because of his reentry into my life, I began to notice his voice in commercials (especially for Amway) more and more.

Obviously, because of the earlier parallel to my father, the only conclusion I can logically come to is that Yanni represents my long-lost biological father who I idolize and idealize though he abandoned me and neglected me in my most impressionable stages of early life; whereas John Tesh represents the kind stepfather who has stepped in and tries to win me over with fatherly advice and Amway products, and yet I resent him even though he has been in my life longer and provided more love for me than my biological father (Yanni) ever did.

I am not sure where this leaves my actual father.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)

Author
Time

TV's Frink said:

Ah, my long lost first thread.

Memories....

Author
Time

My hatred of Tesh stems from his radio show.

As a DJ he basically reads short lists of ways to be a better person and gives really lame, obvious advice.

"Is your wife waiting for the results from a serious medical test? Studies show it will help your marriage if you comfort her as she waits."

"Did you know MONEY is the cause of lots of stress in life? To avoid stress, make sure you have as few money problems as possible."

"Researchers in Cambria have found that if you lock babies in closets, they grow up less secure than non-closet-locked babies. Be sure to talk to your spouse about that, and avoid trans-fats."

Author
Time

His radio show is like a radio version of those inane women's magazines.

Boost sums it up well.

Keep Circulating the Tapes.

END OF LINE

(It hasn’t happened yet)