logo Sign In

Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition Volume 2-UPDATE Discs 1-4 (Released) — Page 5

Author
Time
Check your PM's MM, I can get the bootleg music drops to you if your needing them, this is not the "unreleased soundtrack" CD, but the other rare one.
Author
Time
Nice vintage looking cover Ash595. Faithful to the LD cover I guess.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Originally posted by: klokwerk
Faithful to the LD cover I guess.

you are right, I forgot to remove the LD logo on the back
Author
Time
I recorded The Directors: George Romero from REELZ last night. I would be happy to send the DVD over if you feel like including it.

Do or do not...there is no try...

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Ash595
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8945/savini3dlf2.jpg

Lookin' fancy. Might hafta see this baby through to fruition afterall. Would be interested to know how Starkiller_Streebo's DVD version compares to my LD rip.

Author
Time
I burned the show straight to DVD+R at HQ. It does have commercial breaks - but I did my best to edit out the commercials as it played. So it seems like a good copy - just with the commercial breaks.

Do or do not...there is no try...

Author
Time
Originally posted by: Starkiller_Streebo
I recorded The Directors: George Romero from REELZ last night. I would be happy to send the DVD over if you feel like including it.

That special is included on the Season of the Witch/There's Always Vanilla DVD.

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Sometimes, people still want to get in touch with me about something, and that is great! If that describes you, please email me at [my username]ATgmailDOTcom.

Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
Update at the weekend...

Life taking over unfortunately - but this is still happening !
Author
Time
If anyone needs it, I just got a copy of the German "ultimate cut", if one of the project headmasters here wants to take a look at it. It looks pretty durned good.

I used to be very active on this forum. I’m not really anymore. Sometimes, people still want to get in touch with me about something, and that is great! If that describes you, please email me at [my username]ATgmailDOTcom.

Hi everybody. You’re all awesome. Keep up the good work.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: ReverendBeastly
If anyone needs it, I just got a copy of the German "ultimate cut", if one of the project headmasters here wants to take a look at it. It looks pretty durned good.

That'd make a handy guide for anyone attempting to make their own 'ultimate version' from the Divimax DVDs.
Author
Time
Hey all,

Work continues (albeit very slowly - unfortunately life is very much getting in the way still !). No new additions since we last spoke - but I'll have to have at least one PAL disc in the mix, unless I go for a conversion for some of the extra material. This is gonna be spread over a fair few discs already - but unless people are happy to sacrifice some of the rarer stuff - then it will have to be split across formats.

More news to follow soon...

mm
Author
Time
Multi format sounds fine to me. Though it may pose problems for some, I don't think we should sacrifice content and quality for convenience.
Author
Time
Just wondering: have you been able to make any progress on this one, meedermow? I'm still very eager to see it come to fruition.

Thanks.
Author
Time
DarthCarr, Cashflagg !

Hello. Apologies for the long hiatus. See the Alien thread for a fuller explanation. Suffice to say this project was only ever on pause, not dead - I just needed to sort out a looooooooot of things in that crazy place called life.

However they are all now sorted out and since it's the New Year - I'm ready to work again. So all the material is still in place. Just need to (finally) figure out the best way to sort out the commentary tracks and will happily take any further additions to those that have been posted since I've been away. The list still stands as it was with the material I have (in differing formats) - but I have a good plan of what to put on the first disc. Will send you emails in due course...

Cheers,

meedermow
Author
Time
Originally posted by: meedermow
DarthCarr, Cashflagg !

Hello. Apologies for the long hiatus. See the Alien thread for a fuller explanation. Suffice to say this project was only ever on pause, not dead - I just needed to sort out a looooooooot of things in that crazy place called life.

However they are all now sorted out and since it's the New Year - I'm ready to work again. So all the material is still in place. Just need to (finally) figure out the best way to sort out the commentary tracks and will happily take any further additions to those that have been posted since I've been away. The list still stands as it was with the material I have (in differing formats) - but I have a good plan of what to put on the first disc. Will send you emails in due course...

Cheers,

meedermow

Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!

Join the dark side… and get a free cookie!

Author
Time
DarthCarr, Cashflagg !

Cheers,

meedermow

Welcome back meedermow!

"You don't know the power of the Dark Side!"

"When Theres No More Room In Hell,The Dead Will Walk The Earth"
Author
Time
OK - so it's been a long time coming - but here's the final details of the first disc of this project...

Dawn Of The Dead Ultimate Edition Volume 2 - Disc 1

Extended Version NTSC 16x9 synched with the following three tracks:

1) The rare 1996 George A Romero/Chris Romero/Tom Savini commentary from the original Elite laserdisc
2) The rarer 1999 Tom Savini/Chris Stravrakis first UK DVD pressing commentary from Bmg Entertainment
3) The brand new and pain-stakingly created first ever "Soundtrack only" track for Dawn of the Dead using the original drop cues

I'll write a lot more about the latter track when I've finished the whole disc, but know that it's on there and is a beaut, many thanks to the original donor of the cues, I hope you'll be proud with what I've done with them !

I've just finished the video and audio and I'm VERY happy with it ! Just the menus and authoring to go - this is a quite a big disc, it will weigh in at about 6GB, but I'll reduce it to a DVD5 unless there is mass uproar ! It's the audio tracks that are the most important things here, not the image - and they will be untouched in the compression stage.

So there we go - would love some cover art for the DVD_ROM, so klokwerk if you still have the means, it would be lovely to have it in the next few days ! Loved the original ideas (pre-Rocky Horror show image !) though both would be great.

This is NEARLY there, but I promise will be worth the wait !
Author
Time
Wow, I'm really psyched for this. Looks like a great project, thanks for all the hard work!

Ron Moses

Avoid infestation. Rotate.

Author
Time
3) The brand new and pain-stakingly created first ever "Soundtrack only" track for Dawn of the Dead using the original drop cues

I'll write a lot more about the latter track when I've finished the whole disc, but know that it's on there and is a beaut, many thanks to the original donor of the cues, I hope you'll be proud with what I've done with them !

Wow. I'm interested to see how many of these cues were you able to locate. I know the 'needle drop' album released a coupla years ago was missing a substantial portion.

Great stuff.

Author
Time
Originally posted by: cashflagg

Wow. I'm interested to see how many of these cues were you able to locate. I know the 'needle drop' album released a coupla years ago was missing a substantial portion.

Great stuff.

With a deeply reserved breath I'm pretty sure to have over 90% of the cues represented in this track. I needed some repetition and fillers used as necessary - you'll probably be able to notice where - though a number of omissions were to be found from other sources.

I've left it as a dialogue free track, so 75%+ of the running time is scored, the rest is silent. It seemed to work better that way and makes for an incredibly artistic yet unsettling midnight movie experience, I just wouldn't suggest watching this version first if you've never seen the film before - but I don't think that will be anyone in this thread

It certainly heightens the scares if you haven't seen the film for a while...
Author
Time
I'm quite happy to modify the cover I was working on for this single disc. Which version of the film is it, sorry? The long-awaited ultimate cut? Or one of the official cuts? Just give me the details you want on the cover and I'll get it done ASAP.

To contact me outside the forum, for trades and such my email address is my OT.com username @gmail.com

Author
Time
Hey klokwerk.

It's all about the sounds on this one !

The cut is the extended edition synched to the 2 rare commentary tracks and an all new soundtrack only track

I'll send you an email re the details...

Cheers,

mm