logo Sign In

Post #326050

Author
satanika
Parent topic
Da Nao Tian Gong -- The Monkey King - Uproar In Heaven (1965) RESTORATION v2 (Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/326050/action/topic#326050
Date created
5-Aug-2008, 5:44 AM

Yes, there are other Monkey King movies...

In 1985 the same company (Shanghai Animation Film Studio) that did Da Nao Tian Gong/Uproar In Heaven made another theatrical movie featuring the Monkey King - Jin Hou Xiang Yao/The Monkey King Conquers the Bone Demon (AKA The Golden Monkey Conquers the Evil AKA Golden Monkey Subdued the Evil).

Similar to 'Uproar' this was also broadcast (in episodic format) on tv in various European countries, probably in the late 80's.

This movie is available on dvd with (bad) English subs; though as is unfortunately common with these Chinese releases it has various problems.. The 1-disc ed. has the theatrical version, it is watchable but the transfer is quite washed out, jumpy and flickery... The bonus disc on the 2-disc ed. has the episodic/tv version, this version looks a lot better but unfortunately someone decided to crop it quite badly to make it 16:9... A lot of the top picture is missing.. :(

Apparently further episodes was produced, most likely for tv only, but I have very little information on them.. They only seem to be available on vcd, and I don't own them. But I do believe they are produced by SAFS.