logo Sign In

Crystall Skull has GL's fingerprints all over it — Page 6

Author
Time
 (Edited)
lordjedi said:

A reversed situation would be that if Jurassic Park had been done with models, it probably would've looked lame. Since they were able to put a bunch of Dinosaurs on screen at once with CG, it actually made the movie far better.

I thought they DID use models of dinosaurs in Jurassic Park in some scenes...weren't most if not all of the close-up shots life-size animatronics?

Author
Time
I think lordjedi was referring to using stop-motion in place of CG, as was the original plan.
Author
Time
quote " I get the feeling that if Jaws were made today, Spielberg would use a CG shark."

Don't go giving Lucas and Spielberg any more ideas they already destroyed two beloved film franchises, i don't want jaws and close encounters to be next as it is Indiana Jones, E.T. and Star Wars have not come out unscathed. They think they enhanced the movies they murdered and butchered them, the same way George had anakin kill the sand people, lol.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
I think we can rest easy, as Robot Chicken already slammed the door on any Jaws Special Edition schenanigans. ;)
Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time
lordjedi said:

According to that interview with Spielberg that was posted, they couldn't do the jungle chase practically because it simply wasn't safe.

Yeah, it also wasn't safe for Indy to have a whip. Almost. Just making a quick point.

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em

Author
Time
skyjedi2005 said:

quote " I get the feeling that if Jaws were made today, Spielberg would use a CG shark."

Don't go giving Lucas and Spielberg any more ideas they already destroyed two beloved film franchises, i don't want jaws and close encounters to be next as it is Indiana Jones, E.T. and Star Wars have not come out unscathed. They think they enhanced the movies they murdered and butchered them, the same way George had anakin kill the sand people, lol.

I don't expect Spielberg to go and change that. He had his experiment with changing the story with ET. That was a dismal failure at the box office, so it's no wonder we got both versions in a boxed DVD set.

The only things he's tweaked with Indy are some special effects things to, imo, make it look more real. None of the changes, that I know of, have effected the story.

bkev said:

lordjedi said:

According to that interview with Spielberg that was posted, they couldn't do the jungle chase practically because it simply wasn't safe.

Yeah, it also wasn't safe for Indy to have a whip. Almost. Just making a quick point.

Indy was trained on how to use the whip (in open dirt road streets I might add) so he could use it safely. Even with stunt drivers, how exactly do you train an actor to be safe standing in a jeep in a dense jungle if everyone says that simply isn't safe to do?

I've used a whip before. If you've never touched one, they can be extremely dangerous, to both you and anyone standing near you. In fact, I almost smacked myself in the head with it because I thought it would be easy like in Indiana Jones.
F Scale score - 3.3333333333333335

You are disciplined but tolerant; a true American.

Pissing off Rob since August 2007.
Author
Time
 (Edited)
No, I'm talking about how they were gonna CG it. Not about the character himself.

A Goon in a Gaggle of 'em