logo Sign In

Post #305271

Author
zombie84
Parent topic
Blade Runner: The Version You've Never Seen Before (Update: Beta Released)
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/305271/action/topic#305271
Date created
2-Jan-2008, 7:04 PM
LeoneNut: Thanks! I have Future Noir of course but I hadn't realised that the continuity was saved by complete accident. Of course Rawlings is right, the original order is awful and grinds the narrative to a halt.

Barnephiliac: The way I look at it, even though the temp music was never meant to remain in the film, it still represents the wishes and intentions of the filmmakers as a sort of "alternate version" of what was intended to be there, sort of a music equivalent of an animatic for unfinished VFX. I do agree that it seems jarring because the whole film is Vangelis and all of a sudden this comes in--though there is temp music in the love scene as well and alternate source music in the street scenes. I might change my mind when I actually put it all together--removing it isn't too difficult, at least for most of it, and I will be doing picture chopping anyways--but right now I'm inclined to just leave it in.

Anyways, it will be a long while before I even start doing anything since I basically have to rip the entire 5 disks to my drive.