logo Sign In

Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome (release date) I would have posted this earlier if not for the error messages!

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Looks like they're finally going to release this thing.

http://i.imgur.com/o3UN0.jpg

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/11/05/battlestar-galactica-blood-chrome-to-premiere-november-9-exclusively-on-machinima/156333/

Fans will first view Blood & Chrome when it premieres exclusively on Machinima’s premium channel, Machinima Prime (YouTube.com/MachinimaPrime), beginning November 9.

Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome will be presented as ten, 7-12 minute episode chapters available exclusively on Machinima Prime until February 2013, followed by its premiere as a 2-hour movie on Syfy (airdate TBA), and finishing with the release of an unrated version on Blu-ray, DVD, digital download, PPV and VOD. The series will remain on Machinima through April 2013.

They also released this trailer for it

Edit
Unrated DVD/Blu-ray release trailer and Unrated DVD/Blu-ray release date is Feb 19.
List of links:
"Episode 1" Runtime 12:02
"Episode 2" Runtime 11:11
"Episode 3 & 4" Runtime 17:26
"Episode 5 & 6" Runtime 18:16
"Episode 7 & 8" Runtime 15:04
"Episode 9 & 10" "Finale" Runtime 18:43

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7405/cooly.gif

http://twister111.tumblr.com
Previous Signature preservation link

Author
Time

Nice that it's finally going to be seen, but SciFi will probably find a reason to program more reality shows than actually air it. They didn't even celebrate the 20th anniversary of the channe this yearl.

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

The board at SyFy all deserved to be abducted and anally probed (BY ALIENS FOR IRONY SAKE..phew!)

Author
Time

SilverWook said:

Nice that it's finally going to be seen, but SciFi will probably find a reason to program more reality shows than actually air it. They didn't even celebrate the 20th anniversary of the channe this yearl.

Meh that's because Sci-fi channel no longer exists. It's Syfy. Some weirdo wearing Sci-fi channel's clothes after it died. Sci-fi channel's spirit is currently haunting the Science channel and ME(Memorable Entertainment) tv. Bringing airings of The Twilight Zone, Star Trek TOS, and Firefly with it.

Bingowings said:

The board at SyFy all deserved to be abducted and anally probed (<span style="text-decoration: underline;">BY ALIENS FOR IRONY SAKE</span>..phew!)

Well the Syfy boards have been like this for several days including the day that the BSG Blood and Chrome news broke:

http://i.imgur.com/gnA9H.png

So you could be right.http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9097/yhmin.gif

Anyways the first 12 minutes are up for anyone wanting to watch it.
http://youtu.be/pT79x4qM4FE

Me? I'm going to be waiting until there's more than 12 minutes to watch at a time.

Author
Time

A good share of that 12 minutes are clips from Caprica and Galactica so yeah.

Author
Time

MST3K

Farscape

BSG (old school and new)

Stargate

Is there a fanbase SciFi hasn't pissed off (or on) in the past 13 years? ;)

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

You missed out Dune when they didn't pick up the next books in the miniseries (the second one was great and pulled in more viewers if my admittedly flaky memory serves).

They didn't piss off the Whovians (BBC America prevented them showing more of that) and I don't think they had a chance to piss off the Star Wars fans.

Author
Time

Figures they would move the good Doctor to a basic channel my crappy cable company thinks is a premium channel, one I shouldn't have to pay extra for.

The old regime at the channel did bail on regularly airing classic Who episodes early on though. (Was weird to see Tom Baker episodes with commercial breaks while it lasted.) Kind of misleading when they used Hartnell clips in their early promos. They did a couple Who weekends in the 90's but that was the end of it.

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

This show kind of reminds me of the cutscenes from the the old Wing Commander Prophecy video game. The lens flaring is way overblown.  Are they just trying to hide the low budget CGI sets?     

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time

I hope they explain how Husker became Husky.

In the Razor flashbacks he speaks with a perfect Bill Adama growl from the few bits I've seen of this William Adama Mk 4 he sounds like Hayden with a better director.

Author
Time

I hope they explain how Husker became Husky.

I had assumed it [the callsign] was because of the gravel / growl voice but in part one Coker referred to him as 'a husker' and Bill told him he's from Caprica. As for the Voice - I guess He eats Cylons for breakfast.

About to see the second part. I like it so far. Good fun seeing Galactica in her prime.

Author
Time

I was thinking he might get his larynx damaged in a Cylon strangle hold or something.

Author
Time

I try to forget the last bad galatica prequel i'll pass on webisodes.

Hey at least the tv series is on blu ray. Unlike say the classic series which is nowhere to be found and was shot on film.

“Always loved Vader’s wordless self sacrifice. Another shitty, clueless, revision like Greedo and young Anakin’s ghost. What a fucking shame.” -Simon Pegg.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I loved Caprica (in some ways I preferred it to NuGalactica) and find it insulting to have it replaced with this.

Yeah it's a shame about the lack of HD release for the original series, I fondly remember going to see Saga Of A Star World at the Saturday morning film club with a packed lunch.

Author
Time

Has Universal done much with their tv library on Blu yet? They all but gave up releasing later seasons of a lot of their classic shows on DVD, until Shout Factory took up the slack.

A Blu Ray release would hold a lot of potential for extended cuts of classic BSG episodes, with all the deleted footage that exists, not to mention the theatrical and telemovie versions. I want the BSG movie in Sensurround too.

The Galactica 1980 movie "Conquest of The Earth" is a guilty pleasure of mine. ;)

Forum Moderator

Where were you in '77?

Author
Time

The Two Doctor Zee's should have had a spin off show of their own.

Author
Time

skyjedi2005 said:

I try to forget the last bad galatica prequel i'll pass on webisodes.

Hey at least the tv series is on blu ray. Unlike say the classic series which is nowhere to be found and was shot on film.

Maybe you should take a look before passing judgement. You might just find that it's the BSG prequel you wanted and didn't get with Caprica.

It's okay to not like Caprica, but it sounds like you are saying you wont like a new BSG show because you didn't like a show that had little to do with BSG. it wasn't meant to be Battlestar Galactica: Caprica.

Maybe you are forgetting a little something called Galactica 1980 - Now there was a follow-up series that soured the premise of the original.

Do you actually like the Original series? I liked it but I can't really see it making good money as a bluray release - unless it were some sort of super deluxe edition..

There have been BSG webseries in the past. After watching two episodes I can say that Blood and Chrome is already the most interesting of the lot.

Re:Razor - it seems like the actor there was purposely trying to imitate Eddie Olmos. Whereas here that isn't the case. There are a lot of years between the two characters where a lot can happen.

Author
Time

It's holding my attention.  I am actually giving a frack about these characters. They are going a bit heavy on the returning actor cameos. I give credit to the people who can hold off for a complete presentation. I am sure that is going to be the better way to absorb the drama as intended by the creators. This is much better then "The Plan" as a post BSG series movie.

“First feel fear, then get angry. Then go with your life into the fight.” - Bill Mollison

Author
Time

Yeah Sky, I'd give this a shot if I were you. They aren't actual webisodes (a gimmick I loathe!), it is the actual pilot episode of Blood and Chrome unceremoniously chopped up into short segments and delivered as webisodes.

If you liked the 2003 BSG series, then what I have seen of this so far feels very much in the same spirit. Of course, it is hard to tell this early on and with only a few fractions of the entire episode available to watch.

Author
Time
 (Edited)

The Plan was largely a clip show but if you play it after Ellen escapes the Basestar it's actually a welcome recap and underlines how twisted Galactica Cavil is (after the finale it's utter bobbins).

Razor was also a bit clipshowish at times but it could stand on it's own better.

Author
Time

CP3S said:

They aren't actual webisodes (a gimmick I loathe!), it is the actual pilot episode of Blood and Chrome unceremoniously chopped up into short segments and delivered as webisodes.

Leia said:

I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain.

David Eick said:

This was originally developed as an online project. I feel like there’s a certain record to set straight, which was a little bit frustrating to me, a few months ago, when I saw the headlines that the Blood & Chrome project had somehow been rejected, or was a failed pilot, or wasn’t going to make it on the air. It was never intended to be a traditional pilot, so to speak, such that Syfy not picking it up in a traditional manner to an episodic series was some kind of a rejection or failure. It was always developed, at least from my point of view, as a project for an online environment. It was something that we built as a ten-part serial, kind of in the style of the 1930′s style movie serials, where you have ten minutes of story and a cliffhanger, followed by ten minutes of story and a cliffhanger. And then, after ten of those episodes, it would all resolve itself in a pre-act structure, as a whole movie. But, it was never any kind of rejection or failure that it didn’t wind up as another Syfy pilot.

I can recall when the plan [;)] for the series was first announced and it was laid out as David stated. SyFy started dicking around [pretty late in development - possibly even after completion] with various ideas. Then they put it on the shelf for a while, then finally went ahead with the original broadcast idea and released it online. I'm not sure if Machinima were involved early on or not. It's possible SyFy were going to host / air it themselves.

It actually seemed at first like it would be more in line with the previous BSG webisodes - low low budget, a few minutes apiece but B&C looks incredible.

Just watched Part four and can't wait for the next two. No idea why they are releasing 2 at a time, they officially announced that after the first 2 eps aired but if they'd stuck with one a week it would have ended right before the bluray release..

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome/23464/david-eick-sets-the-record-straight-on-battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome

Author
Time

OP updated again. With the next two episodes.

Johnny Ringo said:

Just watched Part four and can't wait for the next two. No idea why they are releasing 2 at a time, they officially announced that after the first 2 eps aired but if they'd stuck with one a week it would have ended right before the bluray release..

I don't know either but it's better that there's less wait time until the entire thing is released.

Author
Time

Watched parts 5 and 6.

The abundance of parts BSG and Caprica actors is a bit distracting but otherwise it's pretty interesting.

mild spoiler..

again with the ice planet. always with the ice planet...

re: the plan. It would have been much more interesting to see the start of Cavil's plan rather than the failed end of it. I mean he kinda sabotaged himself at the end there.

Since they brought in the final five actors to lay in bathtubs full of slime they could surely have written something substantial for them - it would have been interesting to see their actual selves to contrast their programmed personalities within the colonial fleet.

there's a lot of ground they could have covered - the initial meeting, Cavil growing jealous of Daniel etc..even expanding upon the Razor flashbacks.