logo Sign In

Banned users posts unreadable in Firefox

Author
Time

Just noticed that banned users posts are now either blank or so faint in Firefox that they are unreadable using the OT School colour scheme. Standard blue is fine though. I decided to check to see if this was deliberate but the posts were fine in IE Explorer 6 (apart from missing avatars and users names that are missing in IE6, but i don't use IE so i don't know if this is just a problem with my PC)

Here's a snapshot to show you what i mean:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time
 (Edited)

It's a similar story in Safari and Opera too (though as I mentioned elsewhere this may be an intentional change).

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I increased the opacity a bit for OT Old Skool. I copied the value over from Standard Blue without checking it, my mistake.

The whole transparency thing may be a horrible idea. Feel free to let me know :)

ady, you're seeing what you're supposed to see in IE6. I no longer support that piece of garbage.

Forum Administrator

MTFBWY…A

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Looks great now. thanks Jay

I haven't use IE for years now.  I agree with what you said jay, it is a piece of garbage. If there are any sites that have problems with Firefox i just use the IE plug-in to switch render engines, so i never have to use that microsoft rubbish again. lol

I actually think the transparency for banned users posts is a great idea, so i'm all for it :)

ANH:REVISITED
ESB:REVISITED

DONATIONS TOWARDS MATERIALS FOR THE REVISITED SAGA

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I think the transparency feature is nice to have in some cases (e.g. DanielB, AWK) - it helps the eye skip over useless posts.

However in some cases I would rather the posts keep their original status - for example ocpmovie, who was banned for his activities off the site, contributed a lot of good stuff in the early days.

Guidelines for post content and general behaviour: read announcement here

Max. allowable image sizes in signatures: reminder here

Author
Time

Perhaps if it were an option to have banned users' posts greyed out or not, like in the preferences page?

Author
Time

Maybe there could be a "reveal post" button kind of like the setup for ignored users. This way the text could remain greyed out for banned users, making it easy to skip over them, but if someone felt the need to read what they said they could simply click the little button.

"Every time Warb sighs, an angel falls into a vat of mapel syrup." - Gaffer Tape

Author
Time

ChainsawAsh said:

Perhaps if it were an option to have banned users' posts greyed out or not, like in the preferences page?

I prefer this idea.  That way I don't have to click every post.