Author
Zion
Parent topic
'Backstroke of the West' with retail DVD quality : FINISHED & RELEASED
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/365732/action/topic#365732
Date created
16-Jun-2009, 11:16 PM

So I've just completed my own version of "Backstroke of the West" based on marioxb's guide. Mine is a little different in that I created a new DVD menu and added the RiffTrax audio track. Oh, and I redid the subs based on the original text file posted here. The subs were out of sync in a lot of places so I resynced them up. Here are my results:

Yeah, yeah, it's a fullscreen menu. The image I used fit better that way and I didn't care enough to try something else. I threw the "A Lost Hope" spoof on there as well just for good measure.

When I started this project and successfully completed marioxb's guide, I realized that I wanted to customize everything for myself, including the subs. I searched forever to try and locate a text version of the subs, and eventually by dumb luck found the link posted on that blog page. As it's been a few years since marioxb's original project, I'll go ahead and post my sub files here for your enjoyment.

The instructions to create this are basically the same as those found in marioxb's guide. Use Muxman to mux the subs with your ripped m2v, ac3 files, and chapter file, and you're all set. Adding menus is a little tricker and it's probably best to find a good tutorial on it using your favorite program. The way I did mine was with a combination of Mac and PC software, so I won't go into it here.

If anyone uses these files, I'd love to hear about your results.