logo Sign In

Post #393410

Author
Ric Olie
Parent topic
"Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival." What was the point?
Link to post in topic
https://originaltrilogy.com/post/id/393410/action/topic#393410
Date created
21-Jan-2010, 9:10 AM

miker71 said:

vote_for_palpatine said:

Oh, come on, Gaff! Jeez, don't you remember how utterly confusing the original version was? Vader says "Bring my shuttle" - first of all, where is that shuttle going? Is he gonna get in it? Is he going somewhere? We don't know! Then, the next time we see him, he's in a STAR DESTROYER!! Not a shuttle, like we had just been led to believe! A GINORMOUS ship that don't look like no shuttle to me! Then again, how would I know in the first place - they don't show the shuttle!! But in the new version he says where he's going and we see the shuttle taking him there! What's not to like? We now have all the information we need!

It's like finally getting to see the Wampa monster feeding while Luke struggled to free himself. Why was Luke hanging there before? Now we know!

I don't remember being confused by the original at all, at 10 years old. You don't need to show every last bit of exposition if it's obvious that Vader got to his Star Destroyer using his shuttle that was brought to him.

Wow.

Anyway, VFP makes an excellent point, and I was thrilled to see the new version.  It was the way I always thought is should play out after I saw the original confusing version.  The only change I would make is that I would have played that part, but I am at least glad to see that Vader and I are kindred spirts.