logo Sign In

Adywan's ESB edit: Suggestion Terminal

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I'm posting this here for Adywan's benefit so its easy to find.

If you have suggestions, check to see if its on the list. If not? Post in the other thread and it'll be added to this list.

Thanks

-B

General:

1. Color Correction #
  2. black R2D2 panels
  3. Saber colors
  4. Image Jittering
  5. Obi Wan's Ghost to always appear Transparent
  6. Remove black dot markers on wall where stormtroops lasers will hit (Bespin)
  7. Add blast marks to stormtroops who are shoot
  8. Change location of Laser shots where they hit the wall in same spot twice
  9. "Blood Stripe" on Han's pants color correction

Sound:

1. Boba Fetts Voice *
  2. Changing the Wampa Ice Lair sfx (less obviously the Elephant/Rancor/T-Rex/Cloverfield Monster/Tie Fighter/etc.)
  3. Reinsert Audio bite of Lando's Mic (sfx)
  4. Add FX of MF landing gear retracting when taking off
  5. The wrist communicator between Lando and Lobot the same sfx as Luke and Han earlier and off sync

Music:

1. Reinstatement of Originally composed but Unused Moments
  2. Duel of the Fates (sketchrob) *
  3. Music Quality (rebuilding of soundtrack)
  4. Syncing transition between 'MAIN TITLE' and 'PROBE DROID' is a few seconds off
  5. Horrible Fanfare as Han enters Echo base
  6. Abrupt cut of music as 3P0 speaks to Han about Luke missing
  7. Abrupt Music cut off when Han is encased in Carbonite
  8. Replacing Finale Music
  9. Resync Sheild Generator destruction music

Hoth:

1. Tracks in Snow for Taun Taun (establishing shot)
  2. Transparency of Fighters#
  3. Probe Droid Reconnaissance background fix#
  4. Taun Taun Eyes (Even just pupils)*
  5. Taun Taun shadows#
  6. Taun Taun animation (motion blurs)
  7. Fix the boom mike reflection in Luke's goggles on the TaunTaun.
  8. Wampas hands have more motion when attacking (Sevb32 )
  9. Edge of Wampa arm puppet visible
  10. Anthony Daniels chin visible during the “Deck Officer!” scene (Sevb32 )
  11. Deck Doors closing twice
  12. Remove Stick used to tip AT-AT over
  13. Add Luke to the shot of the AT-AT falling over
  14. Added AT-AT's and AT-ST's
  15. More evacuation shots including paralyzed Star Destroyers or small skirmishes
  16. Removal/trimming of Wampa Ice Lair shots showing Wampa
  17. More Snow Troops
  18. More Rebel Turrets and more firing. More Rebel Troops
  19. More Expansive Battle
  20. Interior of Walkers should be Red (or shots from outside changed to not show red)
  21. 0:04:04 - Paint out crew-person’s hair at left side of screen.
  22. 0:09:55 - Move saber deactivation sound to 4 seconds later, or digitally retract saber earlier.
  23. 0:33:29 - Fix matte work on shield generator. #
  24. 0:35:35 - Fix jump cut when snowtrooper is hit by blaster fire.
  25. 0:36:23 - Stabilise R2's text on Luke's readout. (When flying from Hoth)
  26. Frame missing from “This goes here, that goes there!” Watch troops on floor
  27. If Wampa Ice Lair kept, add smoke/scorch to Wampa wound
  28. More AT-AT's brought down. maybe Another goes down after Luke figures out how to take down (but is shot down)
  29. Larger blockade
  30. Luke too easily escapes Blockade
  31. Red Bacta
  32. Entrance to the Echo Base hangar (outside doors) could show more than just BLUE
  33. The shot of the Probe Droid flying away from the crator (done in CG in the SE) looks bad. Perhaps some combination of the original with this redone one?
  34. Recoloring one of the officers sitting next to Lea in the control room as Han enters hair as to fix the camera flip.
  35. If you're keeping the SE Droid Crash /Exit with the new CG shot, be sure to fix the glitch in the arm near the end as it exits to the left. The Arm changes position
  36. shadows to speeders/falcon as they fly over snow on Hoth (provided the angle of the sun would realistically make a shadow visiable)
  37. Add more subtle display to Snowspeeders Instrument panels
  38. Add At-At's landing on Hoth*
  39. Add burn marks to At-At's where shot by lasers* (Can ice scorch??)
  40. Add Camera Shake to Luke's Snowspeeder Crash
  41. Color correction/Design changes between model/full size Snow Speeders (cooling grates on back and orange stripes)
  42. Blue Rogue squadron helmet insignia colors
  43. Bad mixture of Luke element and speeder being crushed element
  44. Power/Shield generator destruction signified inside by lights flickering
  45. Removal of Wires holding speeders
  46. Update displays in Rebel Hoth Base ala Yavin Base in ANH:R (with some digital text/annotations, and flashing graphics)
  47. After the Rebel Transport makes it past the disabled Star Destroyer, they should jump to hyperspace, in order to truly be "away"
  48. Taun Taun claw broken off in close up of luke muttering "Degobah"
  49. Right before Han gives C-3PO "the finger" as they're trying to get the Falcon out of Echo Base the entire computer console prop shakes because he's leaning on it 

Dagobah:

1. Emotions to Yoda (sketchrob)*
  2. Yoda's skin color
  3. You're Lucky you dont' taste very good” restored
  4. More water dripping off X-Wing
  5. Luke's vision (Audio or Visuual) example in film
  6. Deleted Yoda landing in Episode III shows more creatures. Incorporate some?
  7. Add Camera shake to Luke's X-Wing crash on Dagobah
  8. Add Missing push button to Luke's Lightsaber (when Luke meets Yoda)
  9. Add movement to fog for animal that Luke steps on
  10. Fix jump cut to Vaders mask exploding revealing Luke
  11. Remove Levitation Wires
  12. Fix motion of Luke's X-Wing landing on Dagobah (when Yoda force levitates out of the swamp and onto dry land; motion when coming down and Luke pats it with hand seems too awkward/fakey)
  13. Yoda's Decrepid Pod in distance **(which might need a cannon check as I could ahve sworn I read that the pod was launched back out into space so no sign would be found)**
  14. Ground bowing under Luke as he walks past yoda saying "You want the impossible."

Cloud City:

1. Luke's Scream when he lets go of Ledge
  2. scorch marks to Hans cloths after interrogation (sketchrob)
  3. Finding a way to keep “Bring my Shuttle” and continuity and keep pace
  4. Added shot of the readout in the Falcon showing the “Lando System”
  5. 5)Sky traffic after “evacuate” order
  6. Redundant backgrounds (Falcon/Slave I take offs, establishing shots, escape, windows)
  7. Bespin should look claustrophobic (Mining Colony); NOT like Coruscant
  8. Computerized Establishing Shots should be rethought, changed/removed. Stick out
  9. Windows/not windows continuity during Lando's treason
  10. 1:43:27 - Add windshield to Slave 1.
  11. Luke turns off/hands off lightsaber to offstage hand, but tip can be seen (after vader falls from carbon freeze platform)
  12. Door frame that locks out R2 from following Luke was above floor level (R2 wouldn't have easily followed)
  13. Remove extra clothing used to hide Luke's “non-severed” hand
  14. Interactive clouds (arrival, and when looping around to get Luke)
  15. Reflections in 3P0 of Camera Crew – on conveyor to the incinerator
  16. Reordering Han and Leia talking/ Chewie finding whats left of 3P0 (BrachioInGen edit)
  17. Ceiling in Leia's quarters should be restored to Original (not fuzzily made to look like sky in SE)
  18. As Vader and Luke fight on Gantry, where filmed area ends and matte painting begins TOO obvious
  19. Star Destroyer entering atmosphere / taking over cloud city
  20. “Who are you!” voice for when 3P0 stumbles into the Troopers restored
  21. remove obvious squib on Stormtroopers chest before Leia shots him in cloud city (Just before Leia gets in the elevator).
  22. when Chewie bangs 3PO's head on the Falcon during the escape (3PO says "Bend down, that hurts" etc.) a fixture on the Falcon wiggles, making it look a little fake. But then again the Falcon is a "piece'a junk."
  23. Keep Spiral as Millennium Falcon goes into Hypserspace
  24. Add 3PO coming down stairs of Bespin
  25. Fix Boba Fett's Knee guards being upside down in Carbon Chamber shots
  26. Add range finder lens to Boba Fett as he puts Han in cargo hold (it's missing)
  27. Remove Luke's Head poping back into the shot when he jumps off Carbonite platform
  28. Fix Jump-cut of steal gate doors closing behind Luke
  29. Add scortch marks to wall during Vader/Luke Lightsaber battle
  30. No visible damage to vader when luke hit shoulder
  31. Sevb32 suggests the removal of "cut tape" used when Vader slices the poles off in the final battle. Or at least, the making of a cohesive color as some shots show it to be dark/others silver.
  32. Improvising the sunrise-from-space effects when you see the Falcon leaving Bespin being chased by TIEs

Asteroid:

1. 0:39:49 - Replace shadows of Falcon and TIEs on asteroid to be accurate to the shape of the ships.
  2. 0:52:04 - Erase the 'greeblies' falling off of 3PO when he interrupts Han and Leia.
  3. 0:52:16 - When an asteroid hits the command tower on a Star Destroyer, the tower just magically dissolves belong the explosion element
  4. Minocks- Something!
  5. More Tie- Fighters
  6. remove Han Mouthing Leia's "Hardly Enough to get me Excited"
  7. Fix TIE Fighter explosion through Astroid crevice
  8. Add damage to astroid from Bombers
  9. Replace tool in Han's hand with Blaster when shooting Mynock
  10. The course of the Falcon as it exits the slug should be more dynamic
  11. Fix asteroid collisions/explosions in space (they collide, but shouldn't explode unless hit by a laser or there is some sort of hot gas inside them)

12. Fix explosions on asteroids on shot where Star Destroyer blasts them with its lasers

Executor (Empire General):

1. Emperors Hologram
  2. The Bounty Hunter Scene could use subtle emotes/updated Bounty Hunters/Droids (sketchrob)
  3. See the Fleet enter the Hoth System
  4. 1:13:36 - Remove Neida's blink (after being choked) when Vader's cape swipes past his face.
  5. 1:43:27 - Add windshield to Slave 1.
  6. Open the Film with the Executor
  7. Open the film with a skeletal DS2 visible OR
  8. Expansion of the first shot of the Imperial Fleet (Inclusion of DS2?)
  9. Add camera shake as Stardestroyers sheilds collide "Take evasive maneuvers"
  10. Fix Imperial officers rank pins/cylinders
  11. Replace Needa's shuttle with Lambda-Class T-4A Shuttle
  12. Move Slave 1 ship farther back while following MF
  13. Add display to Boba Fett's Range finder when it is down
  14. When Stardestroyers Collide (sounds like an album) have explosions (maybe just glimpses in distance and/camera shakes
  15. Shadowing Cruiser under the Executor (flipping with same shot used earlier for 'The First Catch of the Day')

Rebel Fleet:

1. Adding Ships: A-Wing, B-Wing, Mon Calamari Cruiser?
  2. Hyperspace Jump*
  3. Fix Luke getting his mechanical arm FX (bottom half looks too fake)

* - In Debate
# - Already Being Done

Is it not sad that in this time, we are more surprised by acts of love than acts of hate?
-Me

Author
Time
Please remove obvious squib on Stormtroopers chest before Leia shots him in cloud city (Just before Leia gets in the elevator).
Author
Time
 (Edited)
Hoth: Try to fix Leia's flipped negative while looking over her shoulder at Han in the Echo Base Control Room (the tech's next to her switch sides).

And you can put a pound next to the boom mike reflection in Luke's goggles, and adding a windshield (spaceshield?) to Slave 1 is in both Cloud City and Empire.

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time
I didn't see these on the list, but if they're there, sorry for the redindancy:

-shadows to speeders/falcon as they fly over snow on Hoth (provided the angle of the sun would realistically make a shadow visiable)
-original "who are you?" voice from off screen as 3PO wanders in Bespin.
-when Chewie bangs 3PO's head on the Falcon during the escape (3PO says "Bend down, that hurts" etc.) a fixture on the Falcon wiggles, making it look a little fake. But then again the Falcon is a "piece'a junk."
-Asteroid: fix Han's lips so he's not mouthing Leia's "hardly enough to get me excited" line as she says it.
Author
Time
 (Edited)
EDIT: Only post in here if you have big ideas such as restructured edits or some such.

Post suggestions in the other thread... sorry about the mix up.

Not trying to be mean or stern... but I don't want this to become a thread I can't manage, and in turn, Adywan won't get your suggestion.. .which means it may go entirely unheard.

Thanks

Is it not sad that in this time, we are more surprised by acts of love than acts of hate?
-Me

Author
Time
I figured if they posted here, the ESB-R wouldn't have to get cluttered, but that works too.

-Me

Author
Time
 (Edited)

Don't forget these suggestions that were already made...

-Obi Wan's Ghost to always appear Transparent
-Add more subtle display to Snowspeeders Instrument panels
-Correct Probe Droids lasers to hit closer to Chewie
-Add At-At's landing on Hoth
-Add burn marks to At-At's where shot by lasers
-Add Laser shot hitting Rebels who die
-Add Camera Shake to Luke's Snowspeeder Crash
-Reedit/Remove Rebels running at Fallen At-At (yells "Common" we see them run with snowspeeders overhead and then they At-At blows up. Why were they running to it? Never understood the reason for that shot)
-Add movement to Vaders Chest box as he enters Rebel base
-Add camera shake as Stardestroyers sheilds collide "Take evasive maneuvers"
-Fix TIE Fighter explosion through Astroid crevice
-Fix MF being upside down then rightside up in next shot "yeah, that would do nicely"
-Add Camera shake to Luke's X-Wing crash on Dagobah
-Fix flexing ground on Dagobah as Luke walks on it
-Add Missing push button to Luke's Lightsaber (when Luke meets Yoda)
-Add damage to astroid from Bombers
-Replace tool in Han's hand with Blaster when shooting Mynock
-Add movement to fog for animal that Luke steps on
-Fix jump cut to Vaders mask exploding revealing Luke
-Fix Imperial officers rank pins/cylinders
-Remove wire holding R2 and rocks as Luke levitates them
-Replace Needa's shuttle with Lambda-Class T-4A Shuttle
-Fix Anthoney breathing/moving in costume after Leia turns him off
-Move Slave 1 ship farther back while following MF
-Add display to Boba Fett's Range finder when it is down
-Add 3PO coming down stairs of Bespin
-Add movement to Boba Fett's Chest Lights outside torture chamber
-Fix Stormtroopers helmet being lifted when they drop off Han in cell
-Fix Boba Fett's Knee guards being upside down in Carbon Chamber shots
-Remove Audio of Chewie groweling when choking Lando
-Add range finder lens to Boba Fett as he puts Han in cargo hold (it's missing)
-Remove Luke's Head poping back into the shot when he jumps off Carbonite platform
-Fix Jump-cut of steal gate doors closing behind Luke
-Reinsert Audio bite of Lando's Mic
-Remove black dot markers on wall where stormtroops lasers will hit
-Add blast marks to stormtroops who are shoot
-Change location of Laser shots where they hit the wall in same spot twice
-Add FX of MF landing gear retracting when taking off
-Add scortch marks to wall during Vader/Luke Lightsaber battle
-Add burn mark to Vaders shoulder armor when Luke hits it (He acts like it hurt, but there is no visible damage)
-Fix C3P0 hand location when holding his severed leg
-Fix Luke getting his mechanical arm FX (bottom half looks too fake)
-Stabalize pull-back shot of Medical frigate (Window has a "shaking" look)

Author
Time
please read the first post. thank you

-Me

Author
Time
I for one am confused. So do we just make sure this has all of the suggestions, or bring up all new ones?

Star Wars Revisited Wordpress

Star Wars Visual Comparisons WordPress

Author
Time
 (Edited)
Do not post in this thread.

Lets just put it that way. This is just for Adywan's purpose and for those who WISH to suggest soemthing to check to see if it's been suggested before.

If not, post in the OTHER thraed. ;-)

-Me

Author
Time

Just keeping this easily located

-Me

Author
Time
 (Edited)

I guess this thread has fallen by the wayside then?

Scrub that, Ive just noticed ths list is being edited as and when.

Author
Time

Is this still being edited? I've made quite a few suggestions a while back that I don't see on the list. Some of them have already been shot down but some on the list have been shot down as well.

Author
Time

Yes, it's still being edited.  Ady took one step back and two steps forward when he used a computer crash and upgrade as an excuse to start over in 1080p instead of standard def.  Check the other thread for more info.

My outlook on life - we’re all on the Hindenburg anyway…no point fighting over the window seat.

Author
Time
Ziz said:

Yes, it's still being edited.  Ady took one step back and two steps forward when he used a computer crash and upgrade as an excuse to start over in 1080p instead of standard def.  Check the other thread for more info.

I meant the list, not the project :p sorry if I wasn't clear

Author
Time

I update it.

If your idea isn't put on it,then it was shot down... or Ady said he wasn't doing it...

-Me

Author
Time

These two statements are contradictory:

If your idea isn't put on it,then it was shot down... or Ady said he wasn't doing it...

If you have suggestions, check to see if its on the list. If not? Post in the other thread and it'll be added to this list.

So, is this a wish-list, or a todo-list?

And there are two "other threads":

STAR WARS: EP V "REVISITED EDITION

ESB and ROTJ Wishlist

Not everything mentioned in one thread has been mentioned in the other, and vice versa.

Author
Time

The purpose of this thread is to make it easier for Adywan to see the suggestions.

He's been keeping pretty up to date in the main thread, so the only thing I'm doing is adding suggestions he likes... or ones he's not commenting on.

If he's commented on one saying "I'm not going to do that," then what purpose does it serve for me to put it in this thread? Especially when he's already said "I'm not doing it."

If you don't see it in this thread, post about it in the main thread. If he shoots it down, then he shoots it down and it won't be added.

This is more of a checklist for him. To make it easier for him. But he's been keeping pretty up to date in the main thread so there was not too much to be done here or added. It was mostly in the first 80 pages or so where he wouldn't post for 2-3 pages and there's be about 12 different suggestions.

I also don't adjust the list every day. I do have a life as well, but when i get a chance, I sit down and I read every damned post and if there is something suggested that's not on the list, or that ady doesn't comment on or says he'll do, I add them.

-Me

Author
Time

This may be controversial, but I'd like to suggest that a particular line of 3PO's in the carbon chamber be removed. The line in question is "Oh, they've encased him in carbonite. He should be very well protected, if he survived the freezing process that is."

This line has always grated on me, because it's so glaringly obvious! It's what everyone up to that point has been discussing! Boba, Vader and Lando established this very firmly in earlier scenes. This piece of pointless explanatory dialogue, for me at least, ruins the mood of an otherwise wonderful moment that still gives me chills.

Author
Time

Here are some of the suggestions I have transferred from the ESB:R thread, and some new ones as well:

-Grey TIE fighters (similar to ANH)

-Reduce blue on Executor during reveal scene (such as in example http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9471/executorcolourdifferencmu1.jpg)

-New shots of Falcon and TIEs in the asteroids (similar to shots of Falcon and TIEs in ANH:R)

-New asteroids???

-Fix asteroid collisions/explosions in space (they collide, but shouldn't explode unless hit by a laser or there is some sort of hot gas inside them)

-Fix explosions on asteroids on shot where Star Destroyer blasts them with its lasers

-Shots of Luke's X-wing entering and exiting hyperspace (now that we've never seen before at all)

-Adding some of those hot-air balloon thingys and tibanna gas refineries to the initial far-away reveal of Cloud City with approaching Falcon

-Adding ship traffic (other than Millenium Falcon & Cloud Cars) to Cloud City

-Adding the missing Mon-Calamari class cruisers to the end scene (all I can see there are the bulky rebel transports, the medical frigate and some starfighters)

-Adding A-Wings, B-Wings and other small rebel ships to the end scene

-Adding more starfighters to the end scene

-New shot of Millenium Falcon approaching landing pad from behind? (possibly to replace the CGI shots where the Falcon looks sorta 'flat')

-Improvising the sunrise-from-space effects when you see the Falcon leaving Bespin being chased by TIEs

-Tauntauns running faster (possibly to reduce the stop-motion effect)

Author
Time

Some of mine:

- Mynock in cave (maybe some small shots)

- Some At-ST at background in Hoth Battle, becausethere only 2 small shots.

- Star Destroyers bombard planet like here ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSSNonaBw-8  ) after destroying sheald.

- Centinels Shutles from E4 leaving hanger and going towards plaet, or something like this. Because there is no scene how Wader and snow trooper apeare on planet... They just entered the door :(