4-Feb-2011, 12:14 PM

xhonzi said:

twooffour said:

So it "ruined Star Wars"... who cares??

TV's Frink said:

Luke says:

http://graphics.nytimes.com/images/2002/05/10/movies/10STAR.3L.jpg

I care.

That's not even the right picture, you smart alec.

I don't know if you get it, but do you realize that "who cares" NEVER *actually* means "who cares", but ALWAYS rather "it makes no sense to care about it (that much), so no one should"?

I just laid out my reasons, and I think they're pretty legitimate: there are so, so many movies, especially children's movies, that are on a whole other level of obnoxious and stupid, and badly written, and if your goal is to shield your kid from bad movies, you should take those in consideration more than anything else, and THEN include the Phantom Menace because it kinda falls in that same line.

If any, THAT is the approach to go with that includes "not showing the star wars prequels", NOT the "I want him to love the OT and never have heard the prequels existed, as it would've been in an ideal world". I mean, you know, good luck with that - your son has great chances of growing up to be a religious nutcase seducing millions of people all over the globe to severe their attachment to films, in promise of a final state of being where no movies exist and no movies are shown.

Responding to that with a lame still completely detached from its caption, after having decided to respond at all (and it's your own thread, for all it matters) doesn't do anything to support your position, all it does is... making you look like a carebear!

"We caaaaare! We're called Care Bears... because we're bears... and we CAAAARE!!!! Do you caaaaare?

Let's hold our hands and make everyone in the world...caaaaare! Because weeee caaaaare! Please, caaaaaare!"