Originally posted by: focuspuller
I haven't read this thread all the way threw so I don't know if anyone has addressed this yet, but I have an issue with the new scene of the Emperor in ESB. Part of the magic of the Emperor (if you haven't seen ep 1-3 of course) is you don't really know who this guy is. He was a shadowy figure with a calm well spoken British accent. I'm not crazy about the new make-up. To me it looks dodgy in moments and at times, the angles and make-up make him look over-weight. I think he should look a bit more obscure, as he did prequels. perhaps even garble the transmission slightly (but not too much), they are after all just coming out of an asteroid field.
I agree about the make-up. In ROTJ he looked a bit greener too (but that could be the lighting). His voice definitely sounds better in ROTJ, than in the prequels.
But other things that need enhancements:
- The shot of the AT-AT foot coming down on Luke's speeder looks fake, perhaps a CG replacement?
- The added windows in Cloud City need new continuity, because now there isn't.
- The ending shot needs all the ships jumping into lightspeed, and then fade to the credits. In early versions it used to be that way, but for some reason it has been changed.
- Impact wounds on the people Luke attacks with his lightsaber. He swings with it like a madman and everybody acts like they're injured, but I don't see any wounds.
- Explosion of the shield generator is way too big.
- The explosion of the Death Star's main reactor always looked a bit crummy to me. Could it be enhanced?
And of course a lot of other things, but those have already been listed here.
Oh, by the way, Adywan, it's totally cool that you're doing this!!!
. Everything (from what I've seen) looks great!
Can't wait for the dvd, and the other movies