Fanedits.com Code of Conduct
Fanedits.com is a place for fans to express themselves creatively by sharing their own interpretations and opinions of others' films. It is not a haven for piracy and we will not allow it to become one.
By creating an account with us, you agree to abide by the following rules and accept any responsibility for violations of said rules:
1. No discussions about financial transactions except for the buying, selling, or trading of official retail media.
2. No profiting from any activities related to fan edits or preservation efforts. Those found selling their fan edits or preservation projects here or elsewhere will be banned.
3. No discussions regarding traditional "warez", such as bootlegs of current or recent theatrical releases, screeners, pre-retail/retail DVDs, and cracked computer software.
4. No direct links to media downloads of copyrighted materials (VOBs, WMV, QuickTime, torrent files, NZB files, ED2K links, etc.) with the exception of short clips to demonstrate quality or content. No direct links to pages containing such files.
5. The source of all materials used in fan edits and preservation efforts must be cited, including retail releases, laserdisc transfers, special features, menus, covers, and artwork.
6. Before obtaining any fan edits, you must be in ownership of the official retail release.
These rules may change at any time. Account holders will be notified via e-mail of these changes; other users will find notices posted in our forum noting any changes to the rules.